2nd row bench addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rjjones253

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have rear bucket seats in my 2011 Escalade and want the rear bench set. They are black leather if anyone is interested.
I have 2013 Tahoe with 2nd row bench seat. Black leather heated power folding. I’m looking for captains chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run across a really nice '09 LT3 Z71 but I too prefer a bench in the second row. But, having no experience w/ "captain chairs," let me ask you guys this: when you lower the seat backs are they flush w/ the rear deck? I.e. could I lower them and lay a piece of plywood over the entire rear? (Obviously the 3rd row is out.)

niely

Reaction score
So I'm guessing the 2nd and 3rd row seats aren't interchangeable so I couldn't move my 3rd row bench forward and take out the 2nd row captains chairs?

Correct....you would not be able to move your 3rd row into the 2nd row without modifying the brackets via welding etc.

niely

Reaction score
I've run across a really nice '09 LT3 Z71 but I too prefer a bench in the second row. But, having no experience w/ "captain chairs," let me ask you guys this: when you lower the seat backs are they flush w/ the rear deck? I.e. could I lower them and lay a piece of plywood over the entire rear? (Obviously the 3rd row is out.)

Yes - i just lowered both 2nd and 3rd rows the other week and brought home bucnh of drywall

niely

Reaction score

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I asked if they would be level w/ "the deck" - the floor - not the backs of the 3rd row seats. "(Obviously the 3rd row is out.)" W/ my bench seat I lower the backs and I have one large flat cargo area.

niely

Reaction score
No, I asked if they would be level w/ "the deck" - the floor - not the backs of the 3rd row seats. "(Obviously the 3rd row is out.)" W/ my bench seat I lower the backs and I have one large flat cargo area.

oops my bad, misread that. Then the answer is no they are not level with the floor when the 2nd row is folded down. The 2nd row is raised compared to the rest of the floor behind it.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if I swap w/ the bench seat it will be level? If I can't get the one large cargo area then I can't buy a truck w/ 2nd row buckets.

niely

Reaction score
But if I swap w/ the bench seat it will be level? If I can't get the one large cargo area then I can't buy a truck w/ 2nd row buckets.

Sorry again for not understanding....regardless if you have a bench or bucket in 2nd row, it will not be level if you take out the 3rd row. just fold both 2nd and 3rd row down and you can lay plywood, drywall etc. that's what i did

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the floor is at a different level w/ buckets than w/ bench seats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons