2nd row bench addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyrboy55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We own a 2010 Tahoe LTZ with 2nd row buckets and 3rd row bench and wondering if it is possible to make the 2nd row a bench seat? Any info or part numbers would be helpful.

Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure is, the swap is made both ways all the time. Someone was looking to swap recently, check back a month or so and see if it suits you.

As for part numbers, plug your VIN into GMPartsDirect.com and have a look. Scratch that, hold it! Plug the VIN of some other truck you find at a dealer, like Car Max, with a bench seat into that website! LOL

wjoutlaw

Reaction score
I have rear bucket seats in my 2011 Escalade and want the rear bench set. They are black leather if anyone is interested.

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing the 2nd and 3rd row seats aren't interchangeable so I couldn't move my 3rd row bench forward and take out the 2nd row captains chairs?

MGrieme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Tahoe 2nd row bench seat black leather. Looking to trade for bucket/captain seats. I am from the Cincinnati area if anyone is close.

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I discovered when I did the swap from a bench to buckets is the suburban or yukon XL second row had a different bolt pattern in the second row vs the tahoe and yukon and are not compatible. I have a standard yukon denali. I was also excited to get the buckets and after I swapped I realized that the buckets I got didn't do the power fold like my old bench did and the second row seats don't have the perforated leather like my first and 3rd rows do. The heater still works on the second row seats though. With the buckets no real reason to fold the seats for 3rd row access so that doesn't bother me, but the non perforated seats bug me a little but no one has ever noticed, at least they are mint!

MTVP

Reaction score
I had no issue with the swap. The Dealership ordered the wrong seat set up. They did the exchange in an hour. I'm much happier with the bench set up. A proper cup holder in the pull down armrest instead of the door .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs