285s on stock burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running 285s on a stock suspension 07-14 burb?

Any rubbing or issues?

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its been a couple of months, but just put a set of 265/75/16 on a leveled suburban 2500 and I get some rubbing at full lock.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I know its been a couple of months, but just put a set of 265/75/16 on a leveled suburban 2500 and I get some rubbing at full lock.

What level kit did you use on your 2500? Asking cause I'm planning to trade in my 1500 for a 2500.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm just on cranked keys and front shock extensions. I had figured that that would be sufficient since the trucks will supposedly fit 285/75/16 with just cranked keys. After cranking the keys and before driving, I was a 1/2" shy of level going from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well opening.

Something to keep in mind. We went through the menus with a tech 2 and weren't able to find the tire size to correct it. I was told that at some point GM began locking that out so it couldn't be changed. He couldn't remember the year that they started, but it looks like my '09 may be after that. I will have to go aftermarket if I decide to care about a 3% difference on my speedometer.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm just on cranked keys and front shock extensions. I had figured that that would be sufficient since the trucks will supposedly fit 285/75/16 with just cranked keys. After cranking the keys and before driving, I was a 1/2" shy of level going from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well opening.

Something to keep in mind. We went through the menus with a tech 2 and weren't able to find the tire size to correct it. I was told that at some point GM began locking that out so it couldn't be changed. He couldn't remember the year that they started, but it looks like my '09 may be after that. I will have to go aftermarket if I decide to care about a 3% difference on my speedometer.

The option in the Tech 2 is to correct for the ABS, not to actually calibrate the speedo. I have the same size on my 06 2500, stock ride height and no rubbing. I have a Hypertech programmer that I use to correct the tire size for the Speedo, and used the Tech 2 to correct for the ABS.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 3.6% difference, we opted to leave the ABS alone and adjusting the speedo isn't a huge priority. It's about 2.5 mph low @ 70mph per a calculator I found online. So if the speedo reads 70, I will be doing 72 or thereabout. Which matches what my GPS says.

I would like to get a tune and have the electric fan outputs enabled on my ECU. If that day comes, I'll revisit it. Hell, it only took a year to get around to installing a muffler that I bought in 2016.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. Got any pics of your 2500 with the 285/75/16s? Fortunately I have a Black Bear AutoCAL so I don't think that changing the speedo will be an issue. Already had it changed twice for 2 different tire sizes on my 1500. That $300 to register and tune the new vehicle with it (when I get it) is gonna hurt though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2