26" Gianelle Yerevan on my 15 Yukon XL. What drop should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
Just put these on, I had 28" wheels on before and these seem just so small now. I really need to order a drop kit from norcal. What do you guys think would be the best drop without worrying about snow in the winter? I am in Buffalo after all...

20160630_113045_zpsyd8g7jgv.jpg

PhotoGrid_1467336216166_zps6jsiuldf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
I modded my fender well when I put the 28s on so I shouldn't have any rub. I'm just worried about dropping too low and affecting the abilities in snow during the winter here. I'm thinking the kit Steve Meade used on his escalde would be good for me.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I modded my fender well when I put the 28s on so I shouldn't have any rub. I'm just worried about dropping too low and affecting the abilities in snow during the winter here. I'm thinking the kit Steve Meade used on his escalde would be good for me.

What did you do to your fender well? Any photos of it?

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
What did you do to your fender well? Any photos of it?

I had to modify the back lower portion of the wheel wells by bending back the metal a bit. I didn't want to cut anything so I used a 2x4 and a hammer to move the metal in, just enough for clearance. I also had to remove a bit of the liner at the same location and then used a heavy duty zip tie to hold it in place. I then modified the plastic cover piece that mounts in that location using a dremel. Finally, I sprayed a bit of plastidip over the area where I removed the liner to protect the surface.

I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow, you can't even really tell it was modded unless I show you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine o 26's. It rides smooth but there is some rubbing while turning like in and out of elevated driveways.

View attachment 74969

sorry, I asked in another link if there were images of the front, but then I found this one. did you paint the front grill or wrap it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st