2018 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '18 Yukon Denali is quieter, ride is not as harsh/firm but still solid, shifting is very smooth without drama (and generally not noticed). I've had three '15 Denali's prior to the '18 (none had buffeting or vibration).

Just one piss off ... there is absolutely no excuse for not having the birds eye view camera display. Rather helpful in tight spaces. Stupid that is on the Escalade and Arcadia but not the Yukon.

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '18 Yukon Denali is quieter, ride is not as harsh/firm but still solid, shifting is very smooth without drama (and generally not noticed). I've had three '15 Denali's prior to the '18 (none had buffeting or vibration).

Just one piss off ... there is absolutely no excuse for not having the birds eye view camera display. Rather helpful in tight spaces. Stupid that is on the Escalade and Arcadia but not the Yukon.

I totally agree about the 360 degree camera. So many lesser cars (like the Acadia) have this 2005 technology that it’s now embarrassing that Yukon Denalis don’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking Denali! I love the color combo.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score

interesting...overall do you notice a huge improvement from the 15 to the 18 in overall fit finish and feel?

tonywush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add my two cents here: I came from 16 Tahoe LTZ to 18 Escalade. Ride is definitely quiter. Love the transmission! I would rate it at 9.5. Nearly perfect and smooth shifting!

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting...overall do you notice a huge improvement from the 15 to the 18 in overall fit finish and feel?

Yes. Better all around. Still pissed about bird's eye view however. Cheap shot by GMC.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh...one more thing. GMC needs to drop Bose in the Denali and Escalade in favor something from Harmon, JBL, or Meridian which would provide ambiance extraction (something like Logic7) and provide support for Dolby Digital/DTS.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add my two cents here: I came from 16 Tahoe LTZ to 18 Escalade. Ride is definitely quiter. Love the transmission! I would rate it at 9.5. Nearly perfect and smooth shifting!

this good to hear...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Besides the typical issue of these things becoming complete rattleboxes by 50k, what fit/finish issues did you
Have?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides the typical issue of these things becoming complete rattleboxes by 50k, what fit/finish issues did you
Have?

not many fit/finish issues I've had many mechancial problems...quite pleasd for the most part with fit/finish. Ceiling panel rattles, door switch plastic creaks like a 20yr vehicle but other than that not too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne