2018 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know the difference but The ventilated seats worked perfectly on a hot summer day for me in a 2017 rental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cooled seats were changed to the "ventilated" style for 2017 and of course 18. Only the 15 and 16s had the cooled version.

is there a difference though or just a name change?

good question... I've wondered the same.

I don’t know the difference but The ventilated seats worked perfectly on a hot summer day for me in a 2017 rental

I bet its the exact same but someone complained that the seat wasnt really ‘cool’ enough so gm changed the name so they wouldn’t be sued for false advertising....;)

Lalo

Reaction score
I haven't driven a new Denali yet but the cooled seats on my 15 seem to just get cool in Temp. I have driven my Brothers Challenger with ventilated seats and actually felt air coming through the vent holes in the leather ...... do you guys feel air in the newer seats ???

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't driven a new Denali yet but the cooled seats on my 15 seem to just get cool in Temp. I have driven my Brothers Challenger with ventilated seats and actually felt air coming through the vent holes in the leather ...... do you guys feel air in the newer seats ???

I could definitely feel air in the 2017 Yukon SLT.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could definitely feel air in the 2017 Yukon SLT.

I think he's asking if the air is 'cooled'. I dont think it is. I believe its just a fan that forces air through a bladder with perforations.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's asking if the air is 'cooled'. I dont think it is. I believe its just a fan that forces air through a bladder with perforations.

Yes, you are correct, it’s just forced air.

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put over 300 miles on my 2018 Yukon Denali XL.
Turned in my 2015 Yukon Denali
Everything seems a lot quieter and the 10 speed is so smooth I can't believe it
Hope I feel the same way in a few years
The 15 was just starting to have transmission issues with 32000 miles on it but that was
the only trouble I had with it

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put over 300 miles on my 2018 Yukon Denali XL.
Turned in my 2015 Yukon Denali
Everything seems a lot quieter and the 10 speed is so smooth I can't believe it
Hope I feel the same way in a few years
The 15 was just starting to have transmission issues with 32000 miles on it but that was
the only trouble I had with it

Awesome congrats! Was your 15 the 6 or 8 speed?

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was an 8 speed
Was great at first but then began getting vibrations
They did the factory reprogram which changed the vibration speed and the way it vibrated
It would feel like you were going over rumble strips for 3-5 seconds then not do it for 15-20 minutes then do it again.
Took our last trip in it from NY to TN and back and it would keep you from falling asleep!!!
My lease was up and they gave me what I thought was a good deal on a new one so now I'm happy again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy