2018 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Serg-214

Reaction score
Nice!! Congratulations!

A year or so ago, I remember thinking to myself that the latest generation GM SUVs didn't look so great. Maybe it's just taken a while, but now I'm thinking that they look great---especially the Yukon Denali XL.

I might have to (rob a bank so I can afford to) trade my '08 in for one!
lol

Enjoy that sweet ride, brother!
Thanks brother! I felt the same way when I first saw them hit the streets. I couldnt believe how they made the Tahoe look from the front end since I had an 07 and I thought that was the best looking SUV that GM had ever made.

A year or 2 later they grew on me but we eventually decided to go with the Yukon

OP
OP
S

Serg-214

Reaction score
Gotcha. Yeah, up here gray and black exteriors (with black interiors) are pretty much the only two colors I see.

Whats the popular color down there white?

Regular white, Pearl, QuickSilver and Black is all you see around here for the most part. I fell in love with the purple Black Cherry Metallic color but it was very hard to find one in my area with the exact options we wanted it in plus they deleted it for the 18s

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular white, Pearl, QuickSilver and Black is all you see around here for the most part. I fell in love with the purple Black Cherry Metallic color but it was very hard to find one in my area with the exact options we wanted it in plus they deleted it for the 18s

Yeah I see a lot of white, silver/grey and black up here too.

The black cherry is nice, I’ve only seen one ‘in person’.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you and maybe its me not getting out as much as I thought I did but in the 3ish years of the current gen being out and living in the Dallas/Ft Worth area...Ive seen 1 maybe 2 in Mineral Metallic, including Escalades and Tahoes/Burbs.

As far as the interior goes, we had to go with black since the Mahogany color isnt available for Yukons. Cocoa/Shale and Dark Atmosphere are too clean for us with 4 kids.

Congrats!! 4 kids? You went with the second row captains that come standard or did you find one with a bench? Curious about your thought process on the possibility of transporting extra folks outside your family?

Csurp

Reaction score
Nice!! Congratulations!

A year or so ago, I remember thinking to myself that the latest generation GM SUVs didn't look so great. Maybe it's just taken a while, but now I'm thinking that they look great---especially the Yukon Denali XL.

!

Interesting that you say that.

I felt the same way and now I have a 2017 in my driveway.

LOL

JWBGMC

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2018 Yukon XL Denali. Its Mineral Metallic with the Jet Black interior...I just cant do a regular everyday color with my cars as you can see with my Orange(Cayenne) Metallic Sierra in the pic.

Its a 2wd with the Denali Ultimate Package. I really hate the ultra-bright aluminum 22s that come with the Utimate Package so I had them swapped for the chrome CK 157s.

Was in the market for a 17 but with my wife saying “if we are gonna pay that much for an SUV, might as well get an 18”. Needless to say...I couldnt disagree and we went for the 18! Without mentioning the new 10-speed, the new grill alone makes it worth it and makes it look much better.

Ill try to post more pics, Ive just been so busy lately.

View attachment 185920
What a beautiful color! I have a 2016 Yukon Denali. I did some research on the 2018 model. There is an interesting difference. The 2016 and 2017 Yukon Denalis have heated and cooled front seats. The 2018 Denali has heated and ventilated (not cooled) front seats. I have noticed that there is a rattle in the passenger seat. My dealer mentioned that the greatest number of noise complaints about seats come from Denalis that have cooled seats. I wonder if the noise issue is why the 2018 Denalis have ventilated seats rather than cooled seats. I do know that the 2016 and 2017 Denalis use the Peltier Effect for cooling. Here is more information in Wikipedia about the Peltier Effect (very interesting): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cooled seats were changed to the "ventilated" style for 2017 and of course 18. Only the 15 and 16s had the cooled version.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cooled seats were changed to the "ventilated" style for 2017 and of course 18. Only the 15 and 16s had the cooled version.

is there a difference though or just a name change?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne