2018 Yukon Oil Change Interval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change mine at 10% remaining life on the info center, regardless of miles driven.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Garandman

Reaction score
These discussions will go on forever, because if you change the oil frequently and have long engine life, it’s impossible to prove frequent changes did not contribute.

But we ran cars and trucks to 200,000 miles, never changed less than the recommended interval (usually 7,500) and not once had an oil test come back “bad.” Our 2004 4.8L V8 would often go over 9,000 miles before the change light would go on. Mostly highway, but we also towed trailers of up to 5,000 lbs for thousands of miles. We used Mobil 1.

Agreed.

At a minimum, I would have the dealer change the oil on a new engine at 500 miles. You want to remove all of the metal shavings and any casting sand that might be left over. I doubt the OLM checks for metal shavings.

Not sure about GM but some manufacturers use a special break-in oil. You’d be removing that. Ever have a test done?

Your oil filter isn’t removing particles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts