2018 Yukon Denali waze GPS connection issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so this is the latest and greatest. After troubleshooting with Apple and their "Geniuses" on three different iPhone 7's, thinking that was the problem, we tried it on a iPhone 8. the Waze problems persisted. Simultaneously I worked with the Waze technicians setting and toggling and resetting uninstalling and reinstalling without any success. However I did notice that my Waze app works perfectly in my wife's car and in my daughters car even after all of the iPhone iOS updates (11.1.1). I've taken three UBER's since and the phone & Waze worked perfectly in all the other vehicles. Finally I took it into the dealership and had the technicians turn on Waze on all their iPhones and test before getting in my truck. Then I had them get in my 2018 Yukon Denali with me & drive around. Guess what.... All of their phones GPS's started to malfunction and not just using Waze, but Google Maps too. We all troubleshot with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turning them both on and off, but nothing corrected it until we got out of the vehicle and turned it off. Then Waze & GPS worked again on all our phones perfectly. We believe it has something to do with the cars internal Wi-Fi hotspot which I am currently having disabled for my road trip this week. I'll keep ya'll posted!

So how’d it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jason Miller

Jason Miller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So how’d it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately no change. I borrowed a radar detector and my wife held her iPhone out of the sunroof using Google maps to try and get traffic updates.. it was a pain.

Aitkoff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have THE EXACT SAME ISSUE with my 2017 Tahoe. I will try disconnecting my WiFi hotspot as well and let you know if it works. Thank you!

Woolsey01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m so glad to have found this tread as I’m having almost the same problem. I had a 2015 Yukon and the gps on my Waze worked great on my iPhone. I usually put it in the holder between the dash and the cup holders. I recently got a 2017 Yukon XL and my iPhone 8 Plus works if I put it on the console, cup holder or if I hold it. It sometimes will work if I put it in the holder between the cup holders and the dash but usually says No GPS. I recently got a holder that connects to the air vent right by the gear shift and when I put my phone there, it definitely says No GPS. If I take it off the holder and hold it, the gps works and then when I put it back in the holder it says No GPS again. So frustrating. It definitely seems to be a problem with the signal conflicting with something in the car and it must be close to the dash. Please let us know if anything is figured out with this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the wifi hot spot really has nothing to do with gps or its signal, gps however can be interrupted with as little as one pico watt which could be some type of interference from anything else electronic malfunctioning as it is highly illegal to block a gps signal, I think your only going to get to the root of the problem by going by any decent two radio shop and ask them if they can run a signal meter in/around your truck and see if they detect any signal that could cause gps interference, does it have the problem when the vehicle is not running and you are just sitting inside? or only when the engine is running and electronics on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu