2018 Yukon Denali Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true. I see no reason not to update all standard lighting. It's crazy that there is no standard hid/led and led at this price point. Why does the base yukon have led front rear but not mid level tahoe?

Out of anything, the headlights are the only thing that annoy and each model should have come equipped with either true HID or LED lighting at this price point. However, if they did that then there would be one less thing to try and promote the higher trim models. Although if GM is going to go this route then they should at least follow along BMW's playbook and upgrade the lighting during the LCI refresh. BMW always holds back on the LED tailights yet then throws them out there mid way through the life cycle...and each time everyone always complains about it yet it's been happening for years now.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember the changes for the 2009 Tahoes? I was expecting something like that. Maybe redesign the interior door panels since they are whacky. Update the center stack a little. Get rid of those cheap ass gauges, even with the optional ones they still look really cheap. Idk though maybe it's just me. I see a lot of room for improvement on these suvs because a lot of it feels really low rent quality. Even on the Denali. Maybe a real leather dash. Black headliners with black interior. New interior colors? Dual exaust in the bumpers? Like the last gen platinum and premium esky.

Tyler424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think with myself and others, we are hoping for maybe a new front bumper update and rear end. With the SUV and truck market, so competitive it is surprising that GM doesnt do more of a change to compete with technology and more modern looks. Ford updated the F-150 after a couple years to stay on top of the Silverado. With the new update of the Yukon Denali, they should have also considered changing the headlights to LED and same with thefog lights. As it is the only vehicle that does not come with LED lights in the front. Just seems like a half-ass update. Chevy offers their surround view camera on 2 models and the rear view camera mirror on 1... yet the yukon denali doesnt have either. Just my thoughts and they should have taken some better consideration before the reveal.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering only because of the "big hoopla" over the Yukon mid cycle refresh -- which appears to be minimal.

I think that the Expedition/Navigator will only become a threat if it has Honda quality and reliability. Otherwise, not much of a concern.

One thing is obvious, Consumer Reports' apparent dislike of the Suburban has not had much impact on sales. Aside from being ubiquitous in the Uber/black car industry, it is also popular as a family hauler and large rental SUV.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe it's just me. I see a lot of room for improvement on these suvs because a lot of it feels really low rent quality.

These are $40k vehicles that get dressed up with baubles and bolt ons.

You want real handstitched leather dash's you're looking at the wrong vehicles amigo.

That said, I don't think any aspect (other than the rear seat control/storage area) feels out of place in the segment. The interior quality over the last generation is staggering.

I won't buy a sequoia because the interior is terrible. It's mind boggling that you bought a gmc when you feel so strongly about their interiors being terrible.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha. Best line of the 2015+ forum to date!

I have a hunch the expedition/navigator will be years ahead with tech and quality.
From my experience with recent Ford launches (especially for vehicles assembled in the US), I would say that Ford does not have it in the bag. Quite frankly, the current Suburban/Yukon is very nice -- even in the base trim without all of the extras and leather.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are $40k vehicles that get dressed up with baubles and bolt ons.

You want real handstitched leather dash's you're looking at the wrong vehicles amigo.

That said, I don't think any aspect (other than the rear seat control/storage area) feels out of place in the segment. The interior quality over the last generation is staggering.

I won't buy a sequoia because the interior is terrible. It's mind boggling that you bought a gmc when you feel so strongly about their interiors being terrible.

I agree with your comment in response to the low rent post. The fit and finish inside and out -- even for the LS -- is extremely competitive with the Honda Accords and Mexican assembled Ford Fusions as well as the current generation Ford Expeditions. Additionally, the interiors are refined and have high quality soft touch materials. The styling is pleasant and very car like. Even the prior generation, which was slight years ahead of the 1970 - 1991 Suburban, still had an interior dash that made me think I was in a Silverado or Sierra.

If someone wants to say an interior is low rent, look to the 1980-1991 Suburban with the metal dash (even in the then top of the line Silverado trim).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt