2018 Yukon Denali Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is that a good update? Nothing was added/changed to the Tahoe except a questionable "performance" trim level. So the Premier is still exactly the same. Lugging around a 6 speed 5.3 and everything else since 2014 as MY15.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't change crap over 7yrs with previous design so not sure they'd do much here, even though they should.

I think many thought a slightly different front clip and rear might have happened. It was reported somewhere that this was the case but I guess a lousy grille change is all it is.

I doubt it but hopefully there will be option changes like standard hid lights, leather/other interior material upgrades, etc. Led tails for tahoe/suburban to name a few.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is that a good update? Nothing was added/changed to the Tahoe except a questionable "performance" trim level. So the Premier is still exactly the same. Lugging around a 6 speed 5.3 and everything else since 2014 as MY15.

They are allowing for the option of the 6.2L V8. You think that should just now come standard when it wasn't offered to begin with? Those that prefer the larger engine and like the looks of a Tahoe over an Esky or Denali now can get all that they want.

What all do you think they should have done for a mid life cycle update? For the majority of all car manufacturers this follows along the same pattern for a mid life cycle update. A few exterior changes, maybe a new option interior wise, and then business as usual.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are allowing for the option of the 6.2L V8. You think that should just now come standard when it wasn't offered to begin with? Those that prefer the larger engine and like the looks of a Tahoe over an Esky or Denali now can get all that they want.

What all do you think they should have done for a mid life cycle update? For the majority of all car manufacturers this follows along the same pattern for a mid life cycle update. A few exterior changes, maybe a new option interior wise, and then business as usual.

most make many more changes 4th year in then this...Acura made major changes to their SUV after 3yrs, Jeep redesigned front and rear of the grand cherokee after 3yrs plus all new electronic dash layout along with many more interior changes. These are just two examples of vehicles I am closely familiar with but can find many more examples. I do however think the the large suv segment is different as there has been very little competition, so I get that side of it.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most make many more changes 4th year in then this...Acura made major changes to their SUV after 3yrs, Jeep redesigned front and rear of the grand cherokee after 3yrs plus all new electronic dash layout along with many more interior changes. These are just two examples of vehicles I am closely familiar with but can find many more examples. I do however think the the large suv segment is different as there has been very little competition, so I get that side of it.

And yet there are many examples of other manufacturers not making any major changes but a few cosmetic ones and maybe a small bump in HP numbers. BWM, Audi, Merc, etc. Some years bring bigger updates, some years small updates. I just don't get why people get so upset if it's smaller updates. If the sales numbers are there and the market doesn't seem to demand the updates, why spend the money? Where as Honda a few years back redesigned the Civic in a big way because sales and reviews were poor so it was a necessity in order to keep pace with the market share.

Maybe things will change for the 2019 models if the Expedition and the Navigator blow it out of the water but only time will tell.

I still believe the changes for the Tahoe & Suburban are pretty decent for next year. The changes for the Denali are weak. So far I haven't heard of any changes for the Esky but I wouldn't expect anything major there either.

crunchcity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the next gen 2019 Silverado/Sierra drop in Summer 2018, you might see a shortened SUV lifecycle with the 2020 SUV's coming based on the new platform in Summer/Fall 2019...be interesting to see.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yet there are many examples of other manufacturers not making any major changes but a few cosmetic ones and maybe a small bump in HP numbers. BWM, Audi, Merc, etc. Some years bring bigger updates, some years small updates. I just don't get why people get so upset if it's smaller updates. If the sales numbers are there and the market doesn't seem to demand the updates, why spend the money? Where as Honda a few years back redesigned the Civic in a big way because sales and reviews were poor so it was a necessity in order to keep pace with the market share.

Maybe things will change for the 2019 models if the Expedition and the Navigator blow it out of the water but only time will tell.

I still believe the changes for the Tahoe & Suburban are pretty decent for next year. The changes for the Denali are weak. So far I haven't heard of any changes for the Esky but I wouldn't expect anything major there either.
Very true. I see no reason not to update all standard lighting. It's crazy that there is no standard hid/led and led at this price point. Why does the base yukon have led front rear but not mid level tahoe?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm THRILLED the grille is the only change. Now I won't have to trade mine in.

I will also be ordering that grille the first day it is available and installing it in mine.

I personally really like the grille.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha. If I ordered an 18, the grill would be the first thing i'd remove. I'd go with current denali or premier version in either black or color matched. However, more than likely we'll give the expedition or navigator a serious look this summer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03tahoejunk