2018 Yukon Denali Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Order boards open the week of 6/2 and nothing released on updates....
I am curious to see if they get the 10 speed transmission and big brakes like the Tahoe RST.
Anyone have insider new they can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Order boards open the week of 6/2 and nothing released on updates....
I am curious to see if they get the 10 speed transmission and big brakes like the Tahoe RST.
Anyone have insider new they can share?

Does this mean that orders are also being taken starting 6/2 for the 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe/suburban? Is this verified info?

It seems like 2018 models would be hitting the lots awful early for a line of suv's that aren't getting much of a refresh cosmetically or otherwise....at least as it pertains to the Chevrolet line anyway.

OP
OP
M

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do t know about the Tahoes/Burbans as my dealer is GMC for now... He told me 6/2 for orders and the plant would start building them the week of 8/7

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do t know about the Tahoes/Burbans as my dealer is GMC for now... He told me 6/2 for orders and the plant would start building them the week of 8/7

I will have to check with my Chevy dealer this week and report back. I was planning to wait very late in the year or even at the very end to get a 2017, should I decide for sure on a Tahoe.

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I heard that 2018 will bring the engine cut-off at stop signs and lights. That is why I bought the 2017.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that orders are also being taken starting 6/2 for the 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe/suburban? Is this verified info?

It seems like 2018 models would be hitting the lots awful early for a line of suv's that aren't getting much of a refresh cosmetically or otherwise....at least as it pertains to the Chevrolet line anyway.

I would say the Chevy line is getting the biggest of refreshes this year by adding the RST appearance package along with the 6.2L engine and 10 speed transmission...where as nothing of the like has been announced for the Yukon or Escalade line so far.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the Chevy line is getting the biggest of refreshes this year by adding the RST appearance package along with the 6.2L engine and 10 speed transmission...where as nothing of the like has been announced for the Yukon or Escalade line so far.

True, they are coming out with the RST package, but I was under the impression that the other Chevrolet Tahoe and suburban trims will remain basically unchanged.....in terms of engine and tranny. Pleas correct me if I am wrong.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that 2018 will bring the engine cut-off at stop signs and lights. That is why I bought the 2017.

Great. Sounds like another AFM type feature that could prove to be more problematic than helpful. I've driven a couple of Mercedes that have this feature (which you can disable in those) and found it to be fairly annoying and unnecessary.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, they are coming out with the RST package, but I was under the impression that the other Chevrolet Tahoe and suburban trims will remain basically unchanged.....in terms of engine and tranny. Pleas correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding from the press release and the articles I read was that the RST appearance package will be available on the Tahoe and Suburban in both LT and Premier trims. The RST performance package with the 6.2L engine and mag ride, etc. is also supposed to then be available on the Tahoe in LT and Premier trims as well. The suburban will not get the larger engine.

For those reasons, I would say the Chevy lineup has the greatest change in offerings from 2017 to 2018 model years, granted it isn't an overhaul of the entire platform at all trim levels and all models. Like I said though, still a lot more changes than what has been announced for the other two GM brands so far.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. Sounds like another AFM type feature that could prove to be more problematic than helpful. I've driven a couple of Mercedes that have this feature (which you can disable in those) and found it to be fairly annoying and unnecessary.

Yes, I've had that on a couple of different vehicles now and I disabled it right away and found it to be rather annoying. So long as GM ensures that it can be disabled (and disabled on a permanent basis and not after starting the vehicle each time), I'm fine if they add it in and want to appear to improve their MPG rating. Somehow I have a feeling GM would screw up the first year or two of implementation and make it so it can't be disabled...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN