2018 Tahoe Premier and 22" all-terrain tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went with Nitto 285/50R22 Ridge Grapplers on my 2015 Yukon (with MRC). Had to raise the front 2" and the rear 1". Love the tires so far (only 500 miles into them) I really don't notice any ride difference, cornering and tracking is the same. I was pleased with the snow traction, the only downside I have encountered is a very small increase in roadnoise. Have not towed yet but don't expect any issues there either.

do you think I could fit 285/50r22 on just Bilstein 5100 adjustable front raised to the highest position (1.75" I think?)

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks AZCreeker.

mtocrs1, those eco tires would be the low drag variety, or whatever they're called, right?
Correct, ours came with continentals and they said ECO right on the POS. They were the worst and were destroyed after 36k miles. I mean destroyed, chunks missing from the tread. I tow a boat that puts us right at the tow limit and its stored in a barn that is only accessible by a gravel drive. The ECO tires weren't meant for towing or gravel.
With the new tires it is more sure footed when towing, rides noticeably smoother and looks better. The factory tires were a disappointment from day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kasperfh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just went with Nitto 285/50R22 Ridge Grapplers on my 2015 Yukon (with MRC). Had to raise the front 2" and the rear 1". Love the tires so far (only 500 miles into them) I really don't notice any ride difference, cornering and tracking is the same. I was pleased with the snow traction, the only downside I have encountered is a very small increase in roadnoise. Have not towed yet but don't expect any issues there either.

Any rubbing on the Nitto RGs?

I have a 2.5" level in the front and 1" in the back. I called a local shop about the RGs in a 285/50R22 and the owner said they'd have to cut on the wheel well to keep the tires from rubbing at that size but others in the forum seem to have no problem, even with only a 1.5" level.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Would you mind sharing some pic front profile and back?
thanks!

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post some pictures please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts