2018 Tahoe offers 3rd row delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why they even offer them with a third row seat is beyond me there's not much space back there anyways if you need that much seating buy a burb or a bus or a van or get a vasectomy just my 2cents

I only have 2 kids and we use the 3rd row all the time when going out with other couples, kids sports, in laws in town etc.

If these dinosaurs didn't have 3 rows they'd be extinct within a year.

wu6fiend

Reaction score
I never used the third row once in our 2005 Yukon, nor in our 2009 Yukon. And the third row has been stowed since the day I picked up the new 2016 Yukon (over a year ago). I wish the option to delete the third row was available regardless of model or trim level. To me, its a completely useless option, and I'd just as soon not lug the third row around with me every day. At least on the earlier models, you could pull the seat out, and leave it in the basement, which is what I did. This is close to my top pet peeve regarding the 2015+ model: not only is the seat heavy, unnecessary weight, but it significantly cuts down on cargo room, and adds a much higher floor to load cargo onto, to boot.

Padraig

Reaction score
Aren't they fold flat now? If so I am not seeing the excitement. I wouldn't even look at a Tahoe without third row if looking to purchase one.

They fold down but not flat. This means it is worthless for hauling around a few Irish Wolfhounds to dog shows etc. This is why when I replaced my 2008 Suburban I went to a 2013 Yukon XL instead of a 2016 Suburban or Yukon XL.

Padraig

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of kids and specifically went with a 2016 burban for the 3rd row with extra footroom. The Tahoe with third row had no stowage and the 3rd row seating was cramped. Felt more like a 4Runner inside than the giant it should have been.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why they even offer them with a third row seat is beyond me there's not much space back there anyways if you need that much seating buy a burb or a bus or a van or get a vasectomy just my 2cents
Nah. If you're going to dinner with an extra couple, taking more kids than just your own to a game or party - or anything else that requires people capacity but not necessarily cargo at the same time - the Tahoe hits the mark.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fold down but not flat. This means it is worthless for hauling around a few Irish Wolfhounds to dog shows etc. This is why when I replaced my 2008 Suburban I went to a 2013 Yukon XL instead of a 2016 Suburban or Yukon XL.

Padraig
They fold to a flat surface, but Chevy cheated a little by raising the floor as someone said above. My house is the same way - it's a main floor master with a walk-out basement, but they raised the lot about 3 feet and you have to go up stairs to get in any door. That's how they made it high enough to be walk-out.

The Tahoe seats are a nifty mechanism, but the Tahoe does seem to have about 10% less cargo capacity back there than you'd expect. Still more than any midsize SUV other than the [previous model of the] Traverse and the platform equivalents. The Explorer folds down its 3rd row similarly.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most shopping plaza parking lots do not accommodate longer wheelbase, so a burb or truck is a pain. I owned 2 Yukon, Tahoe, with 3rd row and first thing I did was remove 3rd row seats and stowed them, they attract mice, not discovered till trade in time, what a mess. Wish someone would buy them, or get the vehicle without them,and not have the penalty of having to put up with other additions that you have to take in lieu of third row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish