2018 taho LT recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, was hoping you could give me some recommendations on tuning options. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I placed a custom factory order for a 2018 chevy tahoe LT with the 5.3 engine and 6 speed auto trans. I also ordered the GM performance exhaust (borla touring model i believe) as well as the GM performance cold air intake through the dealer which they will install as soon as the truck delivers. I re deploy home in April and will pick up the truck as soon as I return home. My question is, what tuning option(s) do you recommend to make the most of the intake/exhaust upgrades, if any at all. I only plan on putting premium gasoline in the truck as I do with all my vehicles. Any feedback/advice is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Travis

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, was hoping you could give me some recommendations on tuning options. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I placed a custom factory order for a 2018 chevy tahoe LT with the 5.3 engine and 6 speed auto trans. I also ordered the GM performance exhaust (borla touring model i believe) as well as the GM performance cold air intake through the dealer which they will install as soon as the truck delivers. I re deploy home in April and will pick up the truck as soon as I return home. My question is, what tuning option(s) do you recommend to make the most of the intake/exhaust upgrades, if any at all. I only plan on putting premium gasoline in the truck as I do with all my vehicles. Any feedback/advice is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Travis
Hello Travis, thank you for contacting us about a tune, and thank you for your service. We would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal. Right now we are on a hold for tuning 2017+ vehicles. GM is changing their process, and we are waiting for EFILive to notify us if they can access the engine after this new change. We should find out today, or more likely the beginning of next week. You can check back with at that time. Here is some more info on the AutoCal:

Using the AutoCal, all tuning would be completed by email. You would collect data from the vehicle while driving around and would provide that along with your OEM tune files and a list of modifications and desired tune changes. We would then create your modified, custom tune files and would send them back to you, by email, to be installed. The hardware is yours to keep and you would be able to use it to return the vehicle to stock as needed as well as receive and install tune updates when needed.

We proudly offer a discount for our active duty military on the AutoCal as well.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that. Thank you for the info. I will contact you in the near future.

Travis

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, Any update on this?

Hello Travis, thank you for contacting us about a tune, and thank you for your service. We would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal. Right now we are on a hold for tuning 2017+ vehicles. GM is changing their process, and we are waiting for EFILive to notify us if they can access the engine after this new change. We should find out today, or more likely the beginning of next week. You can check back with at that time. Here is some more info on the AutoCal:

Using the AutoCal, all tuning would be completed by email. You would collect data from the vehicle while driving around and would provide that along with your OEM tune files and a list of modifications and desired tune changes. We would then create your modified, custom tune files and would send them back to you, by email, to be installed. The hardware is yours to keep and you would be able to use it to return the vehicle to stock as needed as well as receive and install tune updates when needed.

We proudly offer a discount for our active duty military on the AutoCal as well.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, Any update on this?
Hello Travis, thanks for checking in with us. Yes, we can tune your vehicle via our AutoCal. Please send us an email from your .mil account to [email protected] so we can verify your status, and we will send you the discounted link to purchase the AutoCal. Let us know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Travis, thanks for checking in with us. Yes, we can tune your vehicle via our AutoCal. Please send us an email from your .mil account to [email protected] so we can verify your status, and we will send you the discounted link to purchase the AutoCal. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Will do! Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018