2018 RST tahoe/burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool you can get the 6.2 in a Tahoe. I think Ford should put their 6.2 in their platinum expy it's a great engine. I'd imagine MPGs would be lower due to no cylinder deactivation. Why doesn't Ford invest in this tech like GM? It's nice to have displacement when you need it.

I think getting 450hp from a 3L engine shows some serious technology investment.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a guy wrap all the chrome around my windows for $60 on my Suburban and it came out good. He does tint on vehicles and does all of mine and this was the first time he ever did the vinyl wrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what brand of vinyl did he use and did you go with gloss or matte finish? I feel like matte might hide any imperfection or scratches nicks over time.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think getting 450hp from a 3L engine shows some serious technology investment.

Yes just two different ways of going about fuel economy. The serious up side to Fords ecoboost is the torque numbers. They get 425 ft pounds of torque out of the ecoboost 3.5.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes just two different ways of going about fuel economy. The serious up side to Fords ecoboost is the torque numbers. They get 425 ft pounds of torque out of the ecoboost 3.5.
The new ones have more tq than that.more like 470. But the gm vehicles with afm will gebe better mileage steady state and towing. Ecoboost does not get good mileage at all when under boost.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
what brand of vinyl did he use and did you go with gloss or matte finish? I feel like matte might hide any imperfection or scratches nicks over time.

I did the gloss black to match my vehicle better because my Suburban is black. I bought both but went with the gloss. I still have 2 rolls of unused matte

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get a call from the dealership that they have the RST Tahoe in stock but it's only the RST appearance package. No 6.2 or 10speed transmission. Disappointed to say the least but this 5.3 does look good, it just needs power reclining sidesteps

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I dont get y they have been putting the 6.2 in the silverado but not the tahoe or burban, makes no sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts