2018 Denali Adaptive Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate the Adaptive Cruise as well!! Can't stand it when you are approaching the vehicle in front of you to pass on a highway!

What do you mean? Are you describing a scenario where you are in the passing lane following a vehicle in front of you, but then you start to pass another vehicle in the lane next to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i’m approaching a slower vehicle in front of me and about to go around in the lane of the opposite direction, the damn thing hits the brakes and I have to override with the throttle....annoying!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i’m approaching a slower vehicle in front of me and about to go around in the lane of the opposite direction, the damn thing hits the brakes and I have to override with the throttle....annoying!

+1 Billion

I can only imagine it not driving me nuts on a road like this...d44f3b5c7d0b5a24080d6e3f7038cec3.jpg

MidnightRider

Reaction score
If you see a button to adjust the range then you have ACC.

I respectfully disagree. That button is also used for automatic braking (not ACC type) and for the low speed sensors. If a vehicle has ACC it will say ACC when the cruise control is on. My ‘18 does not have it but does have the distance change button.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. That button is also used for automatic braking (not ACC type) and for the low speed sensors. If a vehicle has ACC it will say ACC when the cruise control is on. My ‘18 does not have it but does have the distance change button.

So is there an obvious visual way one can tell if a vehicle has ACC?

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You do have the option for “regular” cruise control. It’s in the settings somewhere. Lol

Also, stop using cruise control in heavy traffic. This system isn’t quite where Volvo, Merc, Audi’s is. It doesn’t offer traffic jam assist or anything.

If you’re using cruise control in traffic and it’s “always slowing down”, then wouldn’t you be needing to slow down anyways? I don’t really understand your gripe.

With adaptive cruise you do have pay attention more when you come up on a car and switch lanes a little earlier, otherwise it’s going to start slowing down and following that car ahead. So you’re faced with the same issues on regular cruise control, you’d either rearend the car ahead or simply have switch lanes.

And for the naysayers of OMG adaptive cruise is terrible and anything 2015+ is, you sound like the morons back in the day that bashed regular cruise control. Lmao
:biggun:

Would LOVE to know where the option on a 2017 is to have regular cruise!!! Would be ever so grateful for your assistance in locating this. You are right though. This is sh** compared to my Audi!

Morons? Have you used this on rural roads at highway speeds and closed in on much slower vehicles? Would like to hear how well it works for you!!!

Like previous a poster said, you approach a slower vehicle and this POS system (even on shortest setting) will slam on the brakes well before you need to go into the other lane. I like to minimize my time in the lane of oncoming traffic but that’s just me. A total ***** to time passes too. I just hate pulling out into the oncoming car! For $80k it should be much better!!

MidnightRider

Reaction score

When you have cruise control on ACC will appear in the lower left corner of the information screen under the gauges. If the vehicle does not have ACC it will only display what speed it is set to. For 17 I would think LTZ and premier has it and LT not. Only on premier in 18.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hm. I dont think my wifes Denali has it. I dont think it automatically comes with any certain model. I think it needs to be an ordered option.

Amanda4461

Reaction score
I have used my new Denali's adaptive cruise on the NC highways enough to know that I like it. IF I place it on the shortest range setting. When I see in the heads-up display that my speed is starting to be reduced, that cues me that it is time to accelerate and pass the geezer dawdling in the slow lane. If I don't, I can watch the speed drop until I am following the geezer, and wait until he turns off or the fast lane clears allowing me to pass. If I elect to follow the geezer, the system does a fine job keeping the distance between our vehicles constant. Using the old style cruise control, I would either be braking often or disengaging cruise. Folks around here are rightfully afraid of the police, as the State boys and the Sheriff's deputies are like fleas on my Doberman. Most traffic on the two-lane highways plods along in the slow lane at 70mph. I set my cruise on 74, and occasionally I will get caught in the slow lane due to folks not willing to drive much over 10mph above the 65mph speed limit, or me leaving the passing lane open and coming up on a slowpoke, but the system handles it just fine. Beats hitting the brakes and running up somebody's rear end just because I am impatient. When the fast lane clears, the Denali will automatically accelerate once I slip over into the fast lane. When I was 25, it would have pissed me off. Shows me that age has mellowed me enough to enjoy the technology:emotions133: