2018 Denali Adaptive Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2017 Yukon XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I literally hate this thing! Why didn't GM give us the option of turning it off? It's the most annoying thing ever if there's any traffic. Constantly slowing you down and speeding you back up and I have it set as "short or close" as possible. I'm sure it is detrimental to gas milage too. I will get rid of this in favor of something similar that I can turn the Adaptive Cruise off if I choose to. Anyone know of a solution other than buying something else?

I just ran into the same problem with my new Yukon. I just did a chat with GMC customer service and they said they had not heard of this issue. Please everyone who hates this thing call/write/email/chat GMC and let’s force them to issue a settings update that will allow us to turn this thing off and go back to regular cruise control.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out that there is a disadvantage to the adaptive cruise. When there is a lot of snow and ice, the sensors cannot sense the distance between by 2016 Yukon Denali and the car ahead.
this is a false statement, if the system is unable to detect it will simply shut down, it has all sorts of redundancies built into it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a false statement, if the system is unable to detect it will simply shut down, it has all sorts of redundancies built into it.

He is 100% correct.

When there is snow and ice the system cannot judge distances and cannot work.

Maybe you are both saying the same thing.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to visually determine whether a Yukon has adaptive cruise control by just looking at the controls? Meaning does the cruise button look any different between vehicles equipped with adaptive vs. regular cruise?

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to visually determine whether a Yukon has adaptive cruise control by just looking at the controls? Meaning does the cruise button look any different between vehicles equipped with adaptive vs. regular cruise?

This. I am wondering the same thing. I cant tell if my wife’s ‘16 Denali has it or not. There is the button to adjust how close the sensors are reading the car in front of it (little green car picture on the dash), but I have never noticed the vehicle slow down when approaching a car while using cruise. Maybe she doesn't have it?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see the OP’s complaint. That would be annoying. I like to change lanes as late as possible typcially, rather than drive along in the fast lane needlessly.

However, I could see it being very usefull as well. Could save you from having to cancel and restart cruise all the time when traffic is kinda busy, yet not too busy to use cruise.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This. I am wondering the same thing. I cant tell if my wife’s ‘16 Denali has it or not. There is the button to adjust how close the sensors are reading the car in front of it (little green car picture on the dash), but I have never noticed the vehicle slow down when approaching a car while using cruise. Maybe she doesn't have it?
If you see a button to adjust the range then you have ACC.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the Adaptive Cruise as well!! Can't stand it when you are approaching the vehicle in front of you to pass on a highway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3