2018 alpine in-dash hover screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Alpine to release a hover style touch screen. Generally double dins are 7" I believe where this comes as a 9".
Pretty cool with aux, usb, and HDMI ports with Bluetooth but no mention of audio preouts yet. No DVD or CD which is outdated anyway.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/09/ces-2018-alpine-electronics/

Very heavy price tag for such a basic design, but it's the first of its kind so give it a year and pioneer or sony will follow through for half the price.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im just waiting for a brand name deck to come out with lte and works with android auto or car play and doesn't necessarily need a phone to work but will Bluetooth to the phone for calls., not a full android deck, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
^^^ exactly. Sorry I meant name brand products. There's been cheap Chinese brands with this exact design for a couple years, not just pyle. But nothing legit that I would trust to put into my truck.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup does not have video out, but there are units out there that does, and as for RCA's Front and year unfortunately no sub out. I am using it with one 4 chanel amp as well a sub amp. I have the front and rear going to my 4 channel amp and my 4 channel amp has a low out that i fed to the sub amp. I didnt care for video out so this unit worked for me if you want video out and sub pre they have some but a bit more expensive.

myndcrym

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anybody installed this yet? I was thinking of getting it for my 2002 Yukon Denali but I was wondering how it fit.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also curious about this if anyone out there has installed one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094