2017 Yukon Superchip Flashpaq

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Superchips is the only one so far that I know of who offers a tuner (other than Blackbear) for the 2017 GM suv's. Hypertech and Diablo do not support the 2017 models yet.

JWall85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kinda curious also, since I have my 2017 Chevy Tahoe, and would either like the Volant CAI or the AFE CAI, but would like to get a simple tune that will utilize the CAI correctly and efficiently.
Also, went to the AFE website and saw a combo package with:
aFe POWER 77-34005SCORCHER PRO Performance Programmer
Anyone hear anything about that programmer?

Last edited:

sfc_jones

Reaction score
Doesn't tuning your 2017 SUV causes warranty issues. I hear that GM will capture a snapshot of the ECM for any engine related warranty and deny warranty on engines that have been tuned...

tdriver113

Reaction score
Doesn't tuning your 2017 SUV causes warranty issues. I hear that GM will capture a snapshot of the ECM for any engine related warranty and deny warranty on engines that have been tuned...
Most tuners let you reinstall the original tune files which can be done before returning to the dealer.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most tuners let you reinstall the original tune files which can be done before returning to the dealer.

^ Right.

There is a lot of info about this and the pros vs cons.

The main thing seems to be, for me, is that you can reset it to stock BUT there is a "flash" counter in vehicle. The dealer can see this counter. They may question why it had 1352 flashes instead of a more normal 10 but they probably cannot prove anything. Also, according to the TSB, if it comes into the dealer with a modified tune (I'm paraphrasing). Therefore, as long as it is stock when going to the dealer, I'm good with me and Magnuson-Moss Act.

sfc_jones

Reaction score
^ Right.

There is a lot of info about this and the pros vs cons.

The main thing seems to be, for me, is that you can reset it to stock BUT there is a "flash" counter in vehicle. The dealer can see this counter. They may question why it had 1352 flashes instead of a more normal 10 but they probably cannot prove anything. Also, according to the TSB, if it comes into the dealer with a modified tune (I'm paraphrasing). Therefore, as long as it is stock when going to the dealer, I'm good with me and Magnuson-Moss Act.
From what I have read when you tune a vehicle you leave a foot print of the tune. I use EFI Live on my Duramax but it is way out of warranty plus the changes wasn't made until the past couple of years. From my understanding if their is evidence of a tune any motor warranty is denied.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diablo says no footprint, just flash counts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505