2017 Yukon SLT Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay Greer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the headlight bulbs and was considering going from the stock halogen bulb to an LED bulb. I wanted to know thoughts on this. Also, I looked around and could not find any "how to" material on changing the bulbs in the 2017 model (or any other model after 2014).

I purchased a new 2017 Yukon SLT and didn't realize it did not come with HID headlights. Turns out you have to go up to the Denali for that. Insane if you ask me, but I digress...

Serg-214

Reaction score
YouTube has some how to videos.
You have 20-25 grand Honda and Toyota cars that have LED/HIDs but an SLT doesn't....I agree with the insanity.

Id look into VLEDs...quality LED bulbs for about $150 a pair.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah kinda annoying that on a vehicle in this price range it doesn’t have HID or at least LED headlights. I have some Vouke LED bulbs in my 2006 Denali headlights and they work extremely well. I had Depo brand OEM Denali look alike housings and they worked great despite the projector not being all that great. Right now I’m running Spyder brand headlights that look like OEM but have a better projector. And the Vouke 5S bulbs I have in my lows are even brighter than they were before. Everything is plug and play as far as wires and what not which was great. I didn’t want to have to change any of that around. Not sure which bulb you would go with for your 2017, since low and high is in the same bulb space. I would suggest looking up XenonDepot.com, as you can shop by your make and model and they have a pretty good selection available for LED.

OP
OP
J

Jay Greer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
YouTube has some how to videos.
You have 20-25 grand Honda and Toyota cars that have LED/HIDs but an SLT doesn't....I agree with the insanity.

Id look into VLEDs...quality LED bulbs for about $150 a pair.

I did find a video of a guy changing factory halogens out for a HID setup, which showed me how to access the bulb housings so I have that figured out now. I'd rather now cut up my brand new vehicle for something like that right now. I'd like to have the ability to back to 100% stock easily.

What makes one LED bulb different from another. I did some google searching and some reviews are great for bulbs in the $50/pair range. I don't want to sacrifice quality, especially on a basically brand new vehicle.