2017 Yukon Lifters and Cam went bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen Ludwig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had # 8 lifter collapse and run metal through engine. They took off headers, replaced all
16 lifters and cam shaft. 2017 with 10k miles (all hwy, I travel a bunch). Serviced at dealer only. They act like no big deal. Said no break in, no need to change oil after a certain time, no other oil recommendations than factory spec. I shouldn’t have had any issues after 7 months but any advice on oil, maybe how fast I should change, and WTF is going on with an 89k car less than a year old. Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If metal went through the entire engine I would demand a new engine. If that doesnt work I would do back to back oil changes and then say every 500-1000 miles for a few idk 5000 miles and make sure everything is flushed out. I would also send out a few samples to get tested and if they find metal you need to raise hell with GM!

OP
OP
S

Stephen Ludwig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If metal went through the entire engine I would demand a new engine. If that doesnt work I would do back to back oil changes and then say every 500-1000 miles for a few idk 5000 miles and make sure everything is flushed out. I would also send out a few samples to get tested and if they find metal you need to raise hell with GM!
That’s a damn good idea

slyhall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2012 Ram with 108k Bad lifters and cam and out of warranty. From reading on the Ram forums it seems their MDS (AFM) causes the lifters to freeze which wore the cam out from switching between 4/8cyl.
Maybe because you drive so much Hwy which would activate the AFM a lot you should get a range module or something similar?

Shadowchaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had # 8 lifter collapse and run metal through engine. They took off headers, replaced all
16 lifters and cam shaft. 2017 with 10k miles (all hwy, I travel a bunch). Serviced at dealer only. They act like no big deal. Said no break in, no need to change oil after a certain time, no other oil recommendations than factory spec. I shouldn’t have had any issues after 7 months but any advice on oil, maybe how fast I should change, and WTF is going on with an 89k car less than a year old. Thanks so much.

Yeap i have same problem long time ago.That suks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low