2017 Yukon HDMI Input resolution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slappin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my xbox one hooked up to the reat seat entertainment for long trips. Hook up is simple, plug in to HDMI and power and off you go. The problem I am having is getting it to full screen. The resolution defaults to 640x480 and no matter what I do I cant get it to change. I've tried any setting I can find in the xbox and car. If I manually set the xbox to 720P or 1080P the screen goes black and never displays.

I've found videos on PS4, and they seem to work, but nothing for the XBOX. This should be something that is very simple...yet I can't get it. Any ideas? yes I've googled like crazy already...

James_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had my 2017 at the dealership for 20 DAYS trying to get anything to play through the USB or HDMI ports, and they figured NOTHING out! They did say that GM is aware of these problems and is working on a software upgrade to fix these issues. We should be notified when they are available.

Why the hell did they bother putting HDMI and USB ports in these vehicles if they can't tell us how to make them work?? Did they not test them themselves??

OP
OP
S

slappin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang, that doesn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. Certainly not for the hockey tournament this weekend...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne