2017 Yukon Denali ramblings.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have had the Denali two months. We bought it new with 1500 miles on it (dealer credited me $0.30 a mile towards my trade). Dealer said warranty begins at time us taken possession. I just had first oil change a few weeks ago and currently have 8000 miles on it. Only issues we have had is one of the front "radars" was not working. Tires are rough for 1st 5 minutes of driving but settle down. If the car sits 3 or more days it is worse but it does get better once you drive it a few minutes. When I wear these out I will go Michelin. We get an average 22 mpg with mixed driving. Our best 400 mile AVG was 22.8. Overall, it has been a great vehicle. The AFM does what it is supposed to do and I don't find it annoying. The 6.2 has tons of ***** when you want it. The drop down DVD screen is annoying to the driver but then you learn to use side mirrors.

Like most forums, you only hear the bad stuff. I just thought I would post some cheerful news.

I feel bad for all of those that have issues. Stay on the dealer and if they don't fix the issue contact customer service. Sometimes you get a bad dealer.

If you have good results reply to this thread and state your vehicle model, year, and miles.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015i Tahoe LT with 29,700 miles and pretty much all of them have been trouble free. I have a few minor annoyances like the placement of the drop down bluray screen, infotainment annoyances, etc. but overall I really love the truck. It's been fantastic for the family and I and the only plans of replacing it would be for a 2018 with the RST appearance and performance package but even then I'm not sure that I will as I love my truck and all the mods I've done to make it mine.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It's great to have a young truck. Wait until it's older, little annoyances become big nuisances and costly repairs. Kinda like kids lol. espically when warranties expire. AFM been a big drawback over ever since they introduced it into the automotive world. And I'm not just taking about GM. Honda uses a similar cylinder deactivation and they too cause oil consumptions, misfires that ultimately lead to cylinder rerings or position replacement

OP
OP
FJ40INTOW

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015i Tahoe LT with 29,700 miles and pretty much all of them have been trouble free. I have a few minor annoyances like the placement of the drop down bluray screen, infotainment annoyances, etc. but overall I really love the truck. It's been fantastic for the family and I and the only plans of replacing it would be for a 2018 with the RST appearance and performance package but even then I'm not sure that I will as I love my truck and all the mods I've done to make it mine.
The 2018 RST package sounds great but 1st year of the 10 speed auto would make me nervous.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2018 RST package sounds great but 1st year of the 10 speed auto would make me nervous.

Yeah, that is my only hold back at this point for wanting to get one. Thinking it may be best to wait until the 2019 model year to give them a bit of time to get everything right with the 10 speed. That will also give a year for the tuners to get their stuff together and get something working with the 10 speed. :)

OP
OP
FJ40INTOW

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wrong on the mileage. It was a high of 22.4 mpg. The high went up to 22.6 after the picture was taken.
Dash_Picture.jpg 4 for average and I have beat the 400 mile average.

Benjamins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2017 and this thing has blown my mind. I've always owned Audi's, Merc's and BMW's but our family finally grew out of even the largest Merc. I had a little mini tantrum when my wife rejected the GL63. Anyways we settled on the Yukon XL as I haven't really been a fan of the Escalde mantra.

#1. I'm 6'4, wow, the seat is ******* comfortable for long drives.

#2. I cannot beleive I'm getting 22mpg. I was expecting 17 at best highway. I'm blown away.

#3. After using Audi's MMI system the last couple years this system is a blessing!

#4. The Apple carplay, my god the bluetooth knows what I'm saying and actualy works.

#5. Oh my god it's so quite to drive, even on the 22's.

#6. Oh my god the space is incredible, we have 3 kids. They make no noise in the 3rd row and if they are, they're so far away I cannot hear them. Our Q7 has the Bang and Olufsen sound system and I thought I would drown them out with excellent music but that did not work. The Yukon takes a different approach. Appease them with the entertainment package/headphones and put them as far away from you as possible and you'll be happy. And the Bose system in the Yukon sounds better than the B&O because there's no screaming kids. Imagine that!

#7. The automated seat folding by button. Excellent, makes it easy.

#8. There's no fancy carbon fiber and alcantara so I'm not freaking out when the kids spill milk.

#9. The engine is brilliant. My Q7 was gutless, this thing has balls.

#10. 8,500 lb towing capacity? With all this space? my god I love it.

More to come :)

IMG_0949_zpspxsbdelu.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345