2017 XL Denali vs 2016 ESV Premium vs 2016 ESV Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Platinum all the way! Suede headliner, massaging seats, cooled cup holder, refrigerated center console, higher grade leather, and 4 TV’s. Those are the features that separate it from the premium, which both come with power side steps and lighted door handles.

The Denali will be equivalent to probably a luxury model escalade which is one step above base model.

+1

Also, the center console stack is a little more streamlined IMO. That said I ended up with another Denali since locally (within a 6 hour drive) nobody would move on price, lack of retractable steps on local Esky models and like someone previously said, Due to work I didn’t want too much bling. Since those aren’t the case, go for the Plantinum if all else is the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. Still on the fence, need to look at them all again and start seeing who will come down in price / offer best trade in value.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally like the extra tech options available in the mid to top range Esky. Tech such as: 360 surround vision camera, rear mirror video display, full range start/stop automatic breaking. But not having those things is not a dealbreaker for me in 2018, I just wish that the Chevrolet and GMC’s offered these options.

However, Even if they were similarly priced, I might still pick a Tahoe/ Suburban/Yukon XL Denali over the Escalade just based on looks. I like the look of the Chevrolet and GMC better on both the outside and the inside, though the Esky is growing on me the more time I spend in one so maybe I just need to get more acquainted with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally the dash of the Escalade is nicer then the tahoe/yukon counterparts. I think the Yukon is very attractive on the outside, more so then the tahoe. But the center stack really cheapens the look of the tahoe/yukon.

OP
OP
M

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not yet. Prices seem to be consistent so I can wait for a deal. In some of the Denali's the interior metal trim looks more gold then silver and that really bugs me and may ultimately sway me to the ESV.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Prices seem to be consistent so I can wait for a deal. In some of the Denali's the interior metal trim looks more gold then silver and that really bugs me and may ultimately sway me to the ESV.
Tis goldish color in my wifes Acadia Denali and my buddies Sierra Denali so guess it is the same theme in the Yukon Denali.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think with the Yukon black interior, the slight gold color is more noticeable. But it still looks great.

I test drove an Escalade again yesterday then immediately test drove a Yukon XL Denali and Suburban Premier. The Denali does feel more "special" than the Suburban and definitely faster. However, I'm really starting to like the Escalade, a lot. It definitely felt like it was a higher grade and further apart from the Denali. There is probably a greater upgrade in going from Denali to Esky, than when going from Tahoe/Suburban to Denali in terms of luxury. The Escalade leather was very noticeably thicker and better, and it was everywhere. The steering wheel felt more substantial, the seats, the areas where your arms rest...and I'm also starting to like that glossy black center stack...

Last edited: