2017 XL Denali vs 2016 ESV Premium vs 2016 ESV Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bardog

Reaction score
The GMC does not have power steps, the two ESVs do. With the whites I would be doing the storm trooper look. All are under 30k for miles and with 10K of each other.

Do you mean ‘within $10k of each other’? If so, and you’re happy with the Platinum price, go with that one and its white exterior and power steps. I agree with CMoore711 - I wouldn’t want a black-painted daily driver. I have to disagree with a previous poster, as well, and say that black is more reminiscent of a rental vehicle (and a hearse, especially when it’s the Escalade brand) than a white exterior. Also, the XL is ~2ft longer than the Esky, and I know when I’m driving a Suburban solo, for example, I always feel a little lonely and have this subconscious need to go pick up a group of people! Coming from the Escalade brand aren’t you going to have a little buyer’s remorse, too, if you go with the Yukon?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you mean ‘within $10k of each other’? If so, and you’re happy with the Platinum price, go with that one and its white exterior and power steps. I agree with CMoore711 - I wouldn’t want a black-painted daily driver. I have to disagree with a previous poster, as well, and say that black is more reminiscent of a rental vehicle (and a hearse, especially when it’s the Escalade brand) than a white exterior. Also, the XL is ~2ft longer than the Esky, and I know when I’m driving a Suburban solo, for example, I always feel a little lonely and have this subconscious need to go pick up a group of people! Coming from the Escalade brand aren’t you going to have a little buyer’s remorse, too, if you go with the Yukon?

All of them are the same length, the Cads are the ESV version. I currently have a black Caddy ESV so size will all be the same and I am used to the color, I think 90% of the ones on the road are black. I was originally avoiding the black but the Kona interior is what drew me back in. Mileage is within 10k, prices are within $4k.

Not sure if there will be any remorse, it's an 2007 Caddy and the yukon will still be an upgrade. May just end up negotiating with all three (3 different dealers) and see who wins.

OP
OP
M

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anything that changed from 2016 to 2017 that I should consider?

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Escalades. My 2017 adds a rear view mirror camera, and my bumpers have more sensors on it than the 2016’s.
I think they all have the 360 camera though.

From my understanding, either in 16 or 17 they reprogrammed the lane keep assist so it wouldn’t beep/vibrate as often

I have a 17 ESV and a 10 escalade and the 17 is better in EVERY way. Better handling, quieter, smoother, better gas mileage, roomier, better build materials .

I prefer the dash of the escalade over the Denali, the whole gauge cluster is digital and the screen and center stack is all gloss black, with leather everywhere. Barely any plastic

In partial to black myself. I don’t care what others think. There’s a reason why 70% of them are black, it’s the nicest color, followed by the new white color (old white color was more cream and ugly to me). When I see other color Escalades, they look bland, especially the silver ones.

bOLkHRo.jpg

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Escalades. My 2017 adds a rear view mirror camera, and my bumpers have more sensors on it than the 2016’s.

From my understanding, either in 16 or 17 they reprogrammed the lane keep assist so it wouldn’t beep/vibrate as often

I have a 17 ESV and a 10 escalade and the 17 is better in EVERY way. Better handling, quieter, smoother, better gas mileage, roomier, better build materials .

I prefer the dash of the escalade over the Denali, the whole gauge cluster is digital and the screen and center stack is all gloss black, with leather everywhere. Barely any plastic

In partial to black myself. I don’t care what others think. There’s a reason why 70% of them are black, it’s the nicest color, followed by the new white color (old white color was more cream and ugly to me). When I see other color Escalades, they look bland, especially the silver ones.

bOLkHRo.jpg

I believe there is less room inside this generation vs the 2010. This is mostly due to the fold ‘flat’ seats. (Same with all variants).

Black and white eskys are the choice of high livery companies all across the country, likely why we see so many. I agree they are both are nice colors but every time I see one I think “Uber!”

This isn’t too bland!!

1c17a59ed44d0ea4f0928175c52fee5f.jpg

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2017 the seat back is different in the Yukon (cheap looking) because they lost the cooled feature and are only vented now.

2017 Yukon’s interior backlighting is now ice blue, 2016 was red.

2017 Yukon Denali gets HUD standard.

2017s got active grill shutters.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive them before you negotiate. That way you can weed out the ones with the vibrations and only deal with the dealership with solid cars.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

bOLkHRo.jpg

I agree that black looks great, through its so hard to keep em clean. You must wash them a lot.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 2017 the seat back is different in the Yukon (cheap looking) because they lost the cooled feature and are only vented now.

2017 Yukon’s interior backlighting is now ice blue, 2016 was red.

2017 Yukon Denali gets HUD standard.

2017s got active grill shutters.

Wasn't 2017 also the first year for Apple Car Play in the Denali?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne