2017 with CEL after 6k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dj medvec

Reaction score
Hey guys so I’ve had my truck for about 6 months now and a check engine light just came on. Cant use my remote start but the truck runs fine. Any one have this problem before. Just wondering before I take it to the dealer. My only performance mod is a exhaust. Thanks

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you mean cant use remote start? take it by autozone they will tell you what the code is for free anyway

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or go by any auto parts store and drop $30-40 on a cheap scanner and just keep it around so you can always just check it yourself anytime something crops up, makes life easier. I keep a little cen-tech in the truck just in case, on my old 2000 the transmission had some issue's once and it would throw a code and then wouldn't shift or do anything until the code was cleared out. once the code was cleared you could drive again. it was a pretty rare issue but since then I always keep one around. cheap investment.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CELs always disable remote start to protect the engine. If you're going to keep this truck for a long time, get the same diagnostic and programming tool that the dealership uses for your truck. I believe it is the MDI and connects to a laptop. It will surely pay for itself in time and money in no time.

OP
OP
Dj medvec

Dj medvec

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Since the truck is so new should I just take it to dealer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep