2017 Tahoe vs Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member here, I've been lurking around for a while and reading a lot of informative stuff in these current model GM SUV's.

I will be purchasing a 2017 in the near future, and had my mind set on a suburban all along, as I'd rather have extra cargo room than not enough (one child currently and likely another coming within the next year). I do a lot of hunting so it'd be used to get me there and back and occasionally tow a small utility trailer and atv.

Anyway, some of the posts I've seen here seem to indicate that the sub and Yukon XL models are much more prone to display the buffeting and noise issues than the shorter wheelbase Tahoe and Yukon.

My questions are....is this accurate? Does anyone have experience with a 2017 that can attest to it being resolved for the suburban and xl?

I'm not interested in the 22" wheels, which seem to get mentioned a lot with those complaining about the pressure and noise issues. Whichever way I go, it will have the factory 20's on it, max, preferably the 18's....

Thanks for any insight into this.
I traded a 16 Suburban LS with 18" wheels for a 17 Suburban LS with 18" wheels. Completed a road trip 2 weeks ago picking up my son from college. No complaints what so ever.