2017 Tahoe - radio audio controls disappears occasionally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Occasionally right after my iPhone makes the bluetooth connection, I lose control of the radio volume. The volume control switches to the phone. But I don't see any logical way to get it to switch back to radio audio. The only thing I have found to work is from the Home screen, clicking on On-Star and then cancelling. This seems to only occur when it pairs with my iPhone. I haven't noticed the same behavior with my Samsung phone.

Is it possible I need to get the dealership to check and apply any outstanding updates? I haven't asked the dealer about this situation yet.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Occasionally right after my iPhone makes the bluetooth connection, I lose control of the radio volume. The volume control switches to the phone. But I don't see any logical way to get it to switch back to radio audio. The only thing I have found to work is from the Home screen, clicking on On-Star and then cancelling. This seems to only occur when it pairs with my iPhone. I haven't noticed the same behavior with my Samsung phone.

Is it possible I need to get the dealership to check and apply any outstanding updates? I haven't asked the dealer about this situation yet.
I know that when my iPad is in my vehicle it somehow recognizes it first and syncs to that but the sound wouldn't work and didn't know why but then I hid the options it plays it through my speakers under the Bluetooth connection. I don't know why it can't have both on Bluetooth and wherever the sound is playing should go through the speakers. But which ever pairs first goes through the speakers. Not sure if this helps at all.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know that when my iPad is in my vehicle it somehow recognizes it first and syncs to that but the sound wouldn't work and didn't know why but then I hid the options it plays it through my speakers under the Bluetooth connection. I don't know why it can't have both on Bluetooth and wherever the sound is playing should go through the speakers. But which ever pairs first goes through the speakers. Not sure if this helps at all.

Thanks for your reply. My question is how to switch it back to the radio controlled volume. There wasn't a logical easy way to do it.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
It should change when you press the radio button or SiriusXM or the media button all should fix or change the sound to whatever is showing on your screen

OP
OP
K

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It should change when you press the radio button or SiriusXM or the media button all should fix or change the sound to whatever is showing on your screen

Thanks, I'll think I tried that but I'll give it a try next time it happens.

OP
OP
K

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I have more clues now... when the bluetooth connects it cuts the sound to the radio because it also thinks a call is in progress. Anyone know a fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe