2017 Tahoe Premier vs Yukon Denali---which would you buy and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dcayman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys--I'm new to forum. However i'm hoping someone can help me decide between a 2017 Tahoe or a Yukon Denali. I've read a lot of threads about vibration and I'm hoping to hear from owners of each model to see which route i should go. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thx

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's looks at this points. If you prefer quad headlights ala family vacation truckster wagon, go Tahoe. Like giant cheese grater grill go Denali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If choosing between those two trims right now today, I'd go Denali for the 6.2L engine alone. However, I would personally wait for the 2018 Tahoe with the RST pkg and the 6.2L engine as I do prefer the overall look of the Tahoes just a touch more.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go Denali, the engine alone blows the Tahoe out of the water. By the time you touch the leather and other finishes, the Tahoe even the LTZ isn't in the same category.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^The leather and interior alone would have me going with Denali.

crunchcity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're going to compare those two you mind as well throw in the Esky as well, to cover the full spectrum to see if you would like any additional features it offers (configurable MRC comes to mind).

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you get the same 6.2l and 8 speed tranny on all 3 models now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest you look hard at a nicely optioned Tahoe LT or Yukon SLT for substantially less money, even if you don't end up going that direction. I came into my process dead-set on an LTZ Tahoe and ended up in an LT. Not because of a money constraint as much as my own perception of value.

The LTZ/Premier and Denali variants are priced out of the class a little, in my view. Yes, the Denali engine is great, but you don't feel underpowered driving the 5.3l in the others. And you can get just about everything else on the LT/SLT anyhow.

Last edited: