2017 Tahoe Nav System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickp

Reaction score
Morning guys and gals,
I got 2 questions regarding the bag system on my 17 Tahoe lt. I used to use a Garmin gps and if I wanted I could save tracks to it. Is that possible on the Tahoe' snag system?
And the next question is how can I transfer all my waypoints from my Garmin to the Tahoe' snacks system.

Thanks guys
R.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning guys and gals,
I got 2 questions regarding the bag system on my 17 Tahoe lt. I used to use a Garmin gps and if I wanted I could save tracks to it. Is that possible on the Tahoe' snag system?
And the next question is how can I transfer all my waypoints from my Garmin to the Tahoe' snacks system.

Thanks guys
R.

You're being over ambitious. GM's navigation system is about 5 years behind on technology from other dedicated products. You'll have to manually type all those in and the interface to get to those quickly is very ugly. In regards to the tracks which I assume are music, copy it to a UBS stick and plug that in

OP
OP
rickp

rickp

Reaction score
Hey Illnasty,
Thanks for the reply. yeah i'm slowly learning that about the Nav system, even the voice recognition part of the nav system is HORRIBLE. Nine out of ten times that I try to speak the address into the Nav system the computer doesn't recognize the address, the street numbers, or something etc.....I end up having to type the address in to get it to work.

What I meant by track is not the music. I got that part pretty figured out. The Tracks I was referring to was the GPS tracks that one can create with some GPS systems. I use Garmin for example. All a track is, is a record of where ever you drive, walk, bike, etc... For example, lets say you go down a dirt road that's not on your GPS map, with the Track feature on, the GPS will remember that dirt road and anywhere else the truck drives on by saving lots of tiny waypoints. Later on you can create a route using all those saved waypoints, which is the track. It's a very useful feature. Hikers use it a lot to save their hikes and track their newly discovered trails. I hope this isn't clear as mud!!! LOLOL

R.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, both of my vehicles have navigation, but I still prefer to use Waze or Google Maps on my iPhone. Google already has all my custom POI's saved and it's better at showing new POI's and traffic/police/hazards/etc. I will use the in-dash nav if it's somewhere I "kind of" know how to get to, but need some help just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons