2017 Tahoe Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Virg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello !! I could use some help/ideas on the following. We just sold our 2000 Tahoe - purchased it new 17 years ago and loved it. My wife drove this. We purchased a new 2017 LT Tahoe. She has had trouble with her legs but was able to get in and out of the 2000. Her legs have gotten a little worse and the new Tahoe seems to set higher. We have factory "running boards". Does anyone have an idea if I can add a small step or something on the boards to help her out? Any ideas at all would be appreciated - Thank You!!

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A mild drop helps. Otherwise look at motorized AMP running boards (they go lower) or nerf step bars--I think n-fab makes adjustable steps for their nerf step bars.

OP
OP
V

Virg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A mild drop helps. Otherwise look at motorized AMP running boards (they go lower) or nerf step bars--I think n-fab makes adjustable steps for their nerf step bars.

OP
OP
V

Virg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the information. I will check into your suggestions and let you know.
We purchased this vehicle in the color of Black Currant - had chrome body side moldings added along with chrome door handles and chrome mirror caps - Really a sharp vehicle. The color changes with the sunlight.

YukonCpt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have the motorized running boards. They do go lower and make it much easier to get in and out. Find a dealer with one on the lot and check them out. That will let you make a decision on how they work for you.

OP
OP
V

Virg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks again. I found a great welding/fabrication shop - they are able to make bracket's and lower them 2". All HD stainless - very reasonable.