2017 smooth ride same as auto ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macabeee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having a 2017 Yukon XL built and want to get my parts ordered to do a 2/4 drop.

I see that Tony has 2 kits, with and without Autoride. I asked the dealer if my 2017 SLE would have Autoride and his response is:

"The 2017 Yukon XL does not have Autoride. It is equipped with "premium smooth ride" below is a description I found explaining it.

Premium Smooth Ride: indicated by the RPO code ZW7. This suspension uses a conventional suspension in the front, but the rear uses a self-contained, self-leveling Nivomat shock in the rear. ZW7 equipped trucks come with a softer spring in the rear since the Nivomat self-leveling system does some of the work of holding the truck up. Replacing a ZW7 Nivomat unit with a standard shock requires also replacing the spring, otherwise the truck will sag in the rear and have a much harsher ride and potentially dangerous handling."

Is this the same thing as Autoride? Which kit with/without would I go with?

SixFootSix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds like Autoride. I would order the kit as an Autoride kit. Also Tony is real easy on returns. So order anything you think you might need.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Email Tony to be sure. LTZ and Denali is Magnetic ride or the old Autoride. Not the same as premium ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17