2017 seat alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimim

Reaction score
they get rid of the vibrating seat for when u leave a lane without blinker or sway off road on the 17? I see there is a green amber car in dash but no vibrate. I got it turned on.

Thanks!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they get rid of the vibrating seat for when u leave a lane without blinker or sway off road on the 17? I see there is a green amber car in dash but no vibrate. I got it turned on.

Thanks!

I know the button is probably turned on the dash, but do you the optioned selected to vibrate in the control function on the touch screen monitor?

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
yes and yes. lol so confused on this one. it does do it still right?

i know when i seleceted to turn it on it vibrated so i know it works.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seat vibrates.... scared the crap out of me first time driving home from dealer (17 Tahoe LT). Vibrates every time i back into a spot or pull into a parking spot. A bit annoying but I keep in on just as a reminder

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I think it's a huge waste and annoying more than anything. Maybe if I drive for a living and drive often through the night it might be worth having, maybe. I have had ours off since 1st week of ownership and actually removed one of the sensors as it was causing the seat to become uncomfortable.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I think it's a huge waste and annoying more than anything. Maybe if I drive for a living and drive often through the night it might be worth having, maybe. I have had ours off since 1st week of ownership and actually removed one of the sensors as it was causing the seat to become uncomfortable.

What are you doing to make the seat vibrate so frequently? Mine buzzes MAYBE once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime truck comes within inches or hits a road line it buzzes...edges of roads , when making any cross traffic turns, any center line, passing lane, etc. Every truck I've been in has operated the same way. Is this not normal?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime truck comes within inches or hits a road line it buzzes...edges of roads , when making any cross traffic turns, any center line, passing lane, etc. Every truck I've been in has operated the same way. Is this not normal?

If I cross a line without signaling it does...or if I am within inches of the shoulder I think it might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
Ok so we need to say what model yeAr we are driving cause it has deff changed since 15 model yeAr.

My 15:

Lane departure was active from 0 mph. It would vibrate or beep with the slightest movement off a straight path. Always when u didn't signal for lanes. If u went a bit off line either left or right it would buzz.

My 17: lane departure and now lane keep assist. It is only active after 37 mph I am seeing. If u accelerate it stays on. If u decelerate it seems to turn off for a moment. When u go slightly off left or right you get amber on the dash vs green and u feel that slight pull back. The only time me seat vibrates anymore is if I literally go into another lane and by that point I would be dead. Seems kinda late on warning u anymore.

So if you guys can say what yeAr and what u see speed wise and signal color vs vibrate wise thst would be awesome.

Note. I didn't have a 16 but I'm thinking the 16 and 17 are the same cause the lane keep assist was added in 16. I might be totally wrong though.

OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
here it is in black and white. i was right. when they went from the lane departure system to lane keep assist it was a total overhaul of the system. it actually now works exactly how my volvo does.

i was right about the speed limit for it working. i was also right about it turning off and on when i accelerate and brake.

i feel the new system is not as intuitive anymore. i like the old system better cause it really let you know if you were drifting. i drive alot. it was great for those long drives home from the beach in the summer.

see below:

http://gm.oemdtc.com/6199/lane-keep...ing-functionality-2016-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic