2017 or wait for the 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up biting on a decent deal. I picked up a 2WD LS Burb in silver. It is the base of the base and I even got my front bench instead of full console. Paid $45,400 before taxes. Its a decent deal and I probably would not have gotten a better price if I had waited and most certainly have paid more for ordering an '18. Its my truck now so now its time to make it mine.
Congrats. I paid $900 more plus tags, tax and freight for an LS 4x4 with the Enhanced Safety Package. I have found that my 16 and 17 LS Suburbans have served me well. Almost bought Silver in 16, but felt Tungsten would hold up better if parked outside in the sun.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 Order guide is out.

Denali/Escalade all trim is getting 6.2/10spd

All the rest models is on 5.3 and the damn 6spd.

No mention of 6.2/10spd on Tahoe. But, according to April's media release, you can get them on the performance package. RST is sjust the appearance package, nothing to do with the powertrain
I'd rather have tried and true rather than new and. . . Did that once with a Volvo S80 T6. Fun car to drive, but they ate trannies after 75k miles. And yes, it was the GM Northstar transmission.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 is the 5th year run for our body
The problem I have found for myself is wait for 2018 or buy a 2017 for less money...then I think if I buy a 2018 should I have waited for a 2019 redesign. There really is not a right answer just make the best choice for yourself with the information you have at the time..

2019 is the 5th year run for our body style so I highly doubt we will see a full redesign new model in 2019. 2000-2006 7 year run , 2007-2014 8 year run so I would say plan on 2020-21 they need to squeeze out every design and tooling dollar they can.

Last edited:

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go! 2018 order info is out! Faster than gmauthority ;)

Too bad is that the six spd tranny is still there. Essentially no change for the base and mediumn trim level. I wonder what is the reason for GM to come up with such strategy. We will see how the new Expedition competes with GM!

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/N...ehicleID=21269&section=oi_def&page=7&butID=16

GMC is so far ahead of Ford so its more like Ford coming to the party late not GM. when GM does their next gen Tahoe/Esc/Yuk they will again be far ahead of ford. I am by no means a Ford hater but their Expedition has been so blah over the last few years.

Ford makes much nicer tractors than GMC :thumbsup: there I am fair and balanced :sunot:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I paid $900 more plus tags, tax and freight for an LS 4x4 with the Enhanced Safety Package. I have found that my 16 and 17 LS Suburbans have served me well. Almost bought Silver in 16, but felt Tungsten would hold up better if parked outside in the sun.

Tungsten gets almost as hot as a black vehicle in the summer sun...at least that has been my experience the last two years in the Phoenix heat with this color.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tungsten gets almost as hot as a black vehicle in the summer sun...at least that has been my experience the last two years in the Phoenix heat with this color.
I have black, grey, red and black sedans all with dark interiors. My govt car is light blue with a dark interior as well. It always seems that the govt car is just as hot as the others. I thin the dark interior has more of an impact than the exterior color. Of course, I'm in the mid-Atlantic and do not have tinted windows beyond what is standard from the OEM.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC is so far ahead of Ford so its more like Ford coming to the party late not GM. when GM does their next gen Tahoe/Esc/Yuk they will again be far ahead of ford. I am by no means a Ford hater but their Expedition has been so blah over the last few years.

Ford makes much nicer tractors than GMC :thumbsup: there I am fair and balanced :sunot:

Ford will be years ahead of GM for the next 3 3 years and gmc will play catch up. Then ford will be behind for 3 years and play catch up. Then gmc will be behind for 3 years and play catch up.

And so it goes, on and on, until the sun swallows the earth.

OP
OP
fozzi58

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford will be years ahead of GM for the next 3 3 years and gmc will play catch up. Then ford will be behind for 3 years and play catch up. Then gmc will be behind for 3 years and play catch up.

And so it goes, on and on, until the sun swallows the earth.
Not that I want to derail my own thread but you have to give GM a hand how they have taken on the mustang with the new Camaro. I think they've done a pretty good job. And while sales numbers favor the mustang, the fit and finish of the Camaro is better which is reflected in the higher price point.

Protect1989

Reaction score
I was at my GMC dealer today. They said theres a rumor that the 2018 will have a surround view camera since the Acadia Denali has the system. Anyone heard a similar rumor?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at my GMC dealer today. They said theres a rumor that the 2018 will have a surround view camera since the Acadia Denali has the system. Anyone heard a similar rumor?

Official info on the 18's has already been published and there's no mention of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter