2017 LS new to forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fram993

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just put the first 1k miles on my Silver LS. I previously had a 95 and 04. Loved them all. Just coming out of a 08 Z71 Silverado. I have already gained quite a bit of knowledge from this forum and look forward to learning more. My first and at present only project is to remove or replace the running boards. My 04 had a similar issue. The placement of the boards makes entry and egress awkward for me. I see that at least one member has removed them completely, not sure how that looks close up. I would love to find a rock rail or slider rail that would fit tight up against the body but give some protection to the underside. Well, at this point just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Thanks.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Gary!!

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm fairly new here too and this is a great place and a bunch of great people. You will enjoy it here until you get that "itch" and your wallet stays empty.:beer:

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here too, but had the same issue. Lived with it on my '01. The step was just awkwardly placed for my height. Wanted the rigid ones to protect the body from winter cinders. My '07 came with the retractable power running boards and the placement was much better. Hence, went with them again. Not cheap, but can be added. If without, a clear film on the entire rocker panel works well to protect the paint from road debris.

Good luck.

OP
OP
F

Fram993

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the Welcome. Just passed 2k last week and all is well. Love the truck but the running boards must go! Does anyone have any experience with NFAB? In particular the Adjuststep which works on a 2015+ Tahoe. I was thinking this might solve the problem and I would just leave off the step attachments. I am also curious what the vehicle would look like if I just removed the stock running boards? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14