2017 Denali: Build progress so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What has your experience been like with the tune? I know it’s only been a few days but curious to hear your initial feedback.

OP
OP
R

Robbys3m3

Reaction score
hi there,
I haven't gotten the tune put in yet...been so damn cold lately I haven't messed with it yet...hope to this weekend. I did install the afe momentum though and am happy with it....for sure has a 'roar' to it, although I now have to track down an interior resonance rattle it's created:)

kasperfh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any rubbing on the Nittos?

I have a 2.5" level in the front and 1" in the back. I called a local shop about the Ridge Grapplers in a 285/50R22 and the owner said they'd have to cut on the wheel well to keep the tires from rubbing at that size. The RGs are only quarter inch larger in diameter than the G2s. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

Robbys3m3

Reaction score
Any rubbing on the Nittos?

I have a 2.5" level in the front and 1" in the back. I called a local shop about the Ridge Grapplers in a 285/50R22 and the owner said they'd have to cut on the wheel well to keep the tires from rubbing at that size. The RGs are only quarter inch larger in diameter than the G2s. Thanks.

very minimal. only like in a situation where you have full lock and are reversing on uneven pavement or a hill or something. I haven't done any trimming and for what we do its not worth the effort, but if we went with a non-stock offset custom wheel I'm sure we would be annoyed by the rubbing then.

CMORGAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
very minimal. only like in a situation where you have full lock and are reversing on uneven pavement or a hill or something. I haven't done any trimming and for what we do its not worth the effort, but if we went with a non-stock offset custom wheel I'm sure we would be annoyed by the rubbing then.

Nice ride! Do you have any pics of where it rubs or how tight the tolerances are for the tire/ liner?

OP
OP
R

Robbys3m3

Reaction score
Nice ride! Do you have any pics of where it rubs or how tight the tolerances are for the tire/ liner?

thx! just on the inner rear part of the fender...its not an issue for us but every other truck ive had to trim quite a bit, and this is the least rub ive ever had...so not messing with it.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far really liking the Yukon. Mods so far are
RC 2" level
285/50/22 Terragrapplers
Corsa exhaust
Full weathertech set
Plastidip'd emblems
Black lug nuts
Debadged rear
Clear front bra

Future mods:
Magnacharger?
Possible curved led bar in lower bumper
Wrapping the interior wood trim
Redoing the front window tint today to a closer match

Thx for looking and to my neighbor buddy bjeremi for putting up with all my questions.

Rm

View attachment 188285 View attachment 188286 View attachment 188287 View attachment 188288
Did you have any trimming with this setup?