2017 Denali, any issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhh I read them before I bought the truck and I even asked a few people around town. Nobody got freaking complaints. Some of them didn't even know about the issue.
Crazy!

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 I have driven had the problem, the other 2 didn't. Something weird, my wife's 2015 Grand Cherokee gives you the same feeling going over cattle guards, or when you very first pull out onto the road and start driving. It's definitely annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssingh1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keep in mind people post stuff on forums mainly WHEN things don't work right. You'll barely see a thread titled "Hey...I have 25k on my Denali without a single issue". The amount of new Yukon's I've started seeing on the roads (and at my work in the parking lot), tells me GM is selling these really well and there are a LOT of satisfied owners out there but you won't find these people on internet forms to get feedback :).

Yes..we are putting on miles on ours and LOVE the truck. We considered used Escalate, Mercedes, Lexus GX and Landcruiser and eventually went with the Denali. Couldn't get in with Infinity's weird shape of their truck.

ZERO regrets. Even if the vibration is there, we haven't noticed yet (and neither have my friends/families that have driven the truck as well). ONLY minor issue we had was the stock headphones for the e/t unit wouldn't work from day one but once dealer exchanged the set, the replacement headphones worked fine.

PS: Going to Lake Tahoe for my nephew's bachelor party this weekend so looking forward to the snow driving!!!

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 13,000 miles on my 2016 Denali and I've not noticed any issues with buffeting. I did have issues with vibrations that was mostly cured with a change to Michelin tires. I attribute the harshness that remains to the 22" wheels. Sure wish I had bought it with 20's.

donald wyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not on mine and I'm picky about how smooth it rides. To the point of making sure a wheel balancer is calibrated before it balances my wheels. I'm sure many of the issues are improperly balanced tires.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a Black Infinity this afternoon at a red light..That is one of the ugliest SUV'S on the road IMHO.
That and the brother pathfinder...
I always tell my wifey. Who ever design that B...! Has to be fired

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ring and pinion replacement, and switching to road force balanced Michelin LTX M/S2 tires solved the issue. I've had a second ring and pinion replaced after about 12,000 miles the first one was replaced. I now have 51,000 miles on the vehicle and have not had any more issues with the cabin pressure booming.

jimlucier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I traded a 2007 Suburban LT at 209,000 miles for the 2017 Yukon XL Denali (delivered 12/20/2016). Have not had a single issue as described. Love the 6.2 with 8 speed transmission. The Denali has superior pulling power over the 2007 Suburban with significantly better mileage; you do have to run premium grade gas in the 6.2. The magnetic ride, cabin insulation and active noise cancelling work well to quiet the ride, you can easily hear the radio even in a heavy rainstorm at 70MPH. My only complaint is a color mismatch on the rear facia (white frost tricoat) and some slight panel mismatches (passenger door, front fender, and hood are off if you look real close)

Last edited:

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind people post stuff on forums mainly WHEN things don't work right. You'll barely see a thread titled "Hey...I have 25k on my Denali without a single issue". The amount of new Yukon's I've started seeing on the roads (and at my work in the parking lot), tells me GM is selling these really well and there are a LOT of satisfied owners out there but you won't find these people on internet forms to get feedback :).

Yes..we are putting on miles on ours and LOVE the truck. We considered used Escalate, Mercedes, Lexus GX and Landcruiser and eventually went with the Denali. Couldn't get in with Infinity's weird shape of their truck.

ZERO regrets. Even if the vibration is there, we haven't noticed yet (and neither have my friends/families that have driven the truck as well). ONLY minor issue we had was the stock headphones for the e/t unit wouldn't work from day one but once dealer exchanged the set, the replacement headphones worked fine.

PS: Going to Lake Tahoe for my nephew's bachelor party this weekend so looking forward to the snow driving!!!

Very true, but you do realize that these trucks have had more 15/16s "buybacks" than any other GM truck? The used market is flooded right now with 15/16s and if you look at the history, many were buybacks. There are some serious flaws with the new design and GM knows it and has no answer. They are selling based on prior history as the 07-14s were solid (relatively speaking.)

I want to keep our 15 but the constant balancing of tires and dealing with buffeting, headaches, ear pressure, etc. gets old. Drove a new 17 the other deal as I was considering trading and it has the same issues. We may drive a few more 17s before deciding otherwise we'll sit tight and wait for the 18 Expedition to hit the lots.