2017 Chevy Tahoe dl8 to dl3 mirror conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Dandurand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently decided to tackle the DL8 to DL3 mirror conversion on my 2017 cheverolet Tahoe lt. I purchased the power folding mirrors and switch. It was successful expcept the passenger mirror does not power fold. Driver side fold and adjusts, passenger side however adjusts but does not power fold. Thinking it was the mirror I emailed seller and was shipped a replacement. With the replacement the same situation occurred.... I’m wondering if anyone has had the same issue or a suggestion on how to fix it. Thanks any help would be appreciated

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of the pins must be different, I did the DL8 to the DL3 upgrade on my '16 Silverado LT and had to rewire the door harnesses along with the switch to get them to work properly as I don't have the memory pkg. Being that you already would have that seems unusual. Especially since everything else works. Did he by chance send two bad mirrors? Secondly I would pull up the wiring diagrams and see if there are any pin/harness differences between and LT and an LT Luxury Pkg.

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also did you cycle the mirror fold buttom 3 times? If the gear was tripped it could take 3 cycles to reset the fold gear to get it to catch again, this is a safety bypass incase the mirror gets hit or folded manually to make sure it doesn't bust any of the internals.

Boscorelli216

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently decided to tackle the DL8 to DL3 mirror conversion on my 2017 cheverolet Tahoe lt. I purchased the power folding mirrors and switch. It was successful expcept the passenger mirror does not power fold. Driver side fold and adjusts, passenger side however adjusts but does not power fold. Thinking it was the mirror I emailed seller and was shipped a replacement. With the replacement the same situation occurred.... I’m wondering if anyone has had the same issue or a suggestion on how to fix it. Thanks any help would be appreciated
What was your part number for switch. One I bought won’t work. What did you do. Add any wires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic