2016 Z71 Tahoe 2" level on 285/55r20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 305/55 have a slight rub at full lock in reverse, but since the 285 would be skinnier they might work...
Looks good, I am torn between a 305/55/R20 Mickey Thompson or the 285/60R20 Goodyear Duratrac. I got 63k miles and still going on my Mickeys, so I am partial to them but they dont make the 285/60r20 and only can find a Duratac in that size. Decisions, Decisions..........

Denton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, 305/55r20 2.25" ProComp Leveling Kit

View attachment 65818

Do you think a 275/60R20 would fit with your setup? I have your exact vehicle, You have a 2.25" leveling kit, I am installing a 2.5" leveling kit. I am trying to stay with Mickey Thompsons, and wondering if a tire .7" taller, two inches narrower than yours, would fit? Any thoughts?

mowrer7

Reaction score
Do you think a 275/60R20 would fit with your setup? I have your exact vehicle, You have a 2.25" leveling kit, I am installing a 2.5" leveling kit. I am trying to stay with Mickey Thompsons, and wondering if a tire .7" taller, two inches narrower than yours, would fit? Any thoughts?

A 275 should definitely fit as it is shorter by .2" as for the 285 I believe it would fit with the same rubbing I have now. Let us know how it turns out.

Screenshot_2016-08-25-09-30-20.png Screenshot_2016-08-25-09-31-03.png

OP
OP
Jareth Todd

Jareth Todd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at installing this exact wheel and tire combo. I am coming from factory 22" rims. How is the ride on Toyo's. I am debating the Toyo's vs the new BFG's. Thanks
The RT isnt as quiet as people have said. Unless you just want the aggressive look of the MT or RT go with the AT2. The ride with the RT is smooth not rough at all. Not a loud roar but they do hum a good a bit. Ive used Toyo's for awhile and from my experience I won't use another brand. Best out there in my opinion.

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The RT isnt as quiet as people have said. Unless you just want the aggressive look of the MT or RT go with the AT2. The ride with the RT is smooth not rough at all. Not a loud roar but they do hum a good a bit. Ive used Toyo's for awhile and from my experience I won't use another brand. Best out there in my opinion.
Thanks!

BradzTahoeStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A 275 should definitely fit as it is shorter by .2" as for the 285 I believe it would fit with the same rubbing I have now. Let us know how it turns out.

View attachment 65924 View attachment 65925

During the leveling process, did you get any feedback about kits that level from the top or bottom or both? Some kits seem to level by adjusting at the top of the strut, others level by adding a bit at the top and the bottom of the strut. Does it matter much? Any significant difference in performance or stress on the CV joint and shaft?

I could be way over thinking this, but it did catch my attention.

Thoughts?