2016 Yukon XL IO5 > Apps > Skype

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kittmaster

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to use Skype on this system? It says its part of the mobile apps, I have it installed on my phone and use it regularly. I don't see any provision to be able to select it anywhere to view messages or whatever.

Does it work via Bluetooth or USB only?

I want to be able to use other apps too, but I'm not quite getting how to use anything outside of what is already programmed in the android auto framework app.

Maybe I'm dense, but I also don't see much documentation on how to use this part of the system.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

sam123

Reaction score
The only Skype you will be able to do is through the cars Bluetooth system, just like a normal call except you can't initiate the skype call from the car itself, only on your phone and have it then project the sound on the cars speakers. Hope this helpsn

OP
OP
Kittmaster

Kittmaster

Reaction score
I don't recall a method to be able to install Skype on the radio itself? Are you saying leave Skype running on phone, via bluetooth connection, and I'll be able to "type" responses if someone sends/types something? I have read the Skype calling is not a valid feature, no worries about that, I'm more about if a Skype message is sent, can I read and answer. That is what I'm confused about.

Thanks for the response.

Chris

sam123

Reaction score
I don't recall a method to be able to install Skype on the radio itself? Are you saying leave Skype running on phone, via bluetooth connection, and I'll be able to "type" responses if someone sends/types something? I have read the Skype calling is not a valid feature, no worries about that, I'm more about if a Skype message is sent, can I read and answer. That is what I'm confused about.

Thanks for the response.

Chris

In that case, you cannot display notifications from Skype messages on the car at all. Has to be messages incoming from the stock iPhone messages app.

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts