2016 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found one with 43k miles in it. That's a lot of miles for a car of that age huh? Thinking maybe it was a rental car or something?

They are asking $56k for it. Anybody have any input?

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rental history is possible, although it's rare that I see the well known rental companies with denali or ltz trim level trucks on their lots, including at the airport. Could have been a vehicle that a limousine company had leased or owned previously. Or, it could be a GM buyback. I'd be very cautious of a vehicle history report that did not make perfect sense on this one, if you can run one.

Asking price is more than I'd be willing to pay, when you can get a SLT for $60k-$63k.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
test drive the snot out of it... make sure no shake/buffeting

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rental history is possible, although it's rare that I see the well known rental companies with denali or ltz trim level trucks on their lots, including at the airport. Could have been a vehicle that a limousine company had leased or owned previously. Or, it could be a GM buyback. I'd be very cautious of a vehicle history report that did not make perfect sense on this one, if you can run one.

Asking price is more than I'd be willing to pay, when you can get a SLT for $60k-$63k.

There is a 2015 with less miles and a few $k cheaper. CarFax says 1 owner on that one. The 2016 I'm asking about dealer said they sold themselves, has had its service done there as well. I'll ask about a vehicle history or CarFax. An SLT is very tempting as well, but there's something about a Denali I've for some reason always dreamed of. Now that kid #5 is coming, and the wife wants something on the nicer side all I can think about is a Denali. I had a SLT before, it's nice, but when you look at what comes with the Denali it's hard to not keep looking back at it.

test drive the snot out of it... make sure no shake/buffeting

I've been reading about "hesitation", or searching for gears. I also asked if a blackbear tune has helped with any of that. I think, if I remember correctly those issues were mostly late 2015's? Dealership is right next to the interstate, and it's 65 in the city. There's an 80mph zone about 10-15 minutes from the dealership so I'll have to take it through there for sure.

Anything else?

Thank you for the replies. Really appreciate it.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anything in the report that was alarming. I'd ask if the dealer can retrieve the service record that was done around 2k miles, to see what that was about. Any GM dealer should be able to easily pull that up with the VIN.

The carfax says it was a corporate vehicle, which usually means it was a lease. That in itself isn't too concerning. It could have been an outright purchase/finance in a company's name also. I know many who do this for tax/expense advantages.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was a TLC vehicle or Rental. Would it show on the carfax?
Thats a lot of miles.

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to the dealership this past Sunday. Car was in line to get prepped and sprayed for some rock chip damage (about the size of an Oreo on the lower left number), and detailed.

It was a vehicle that belonged to a local church. Apparently this church gets a new one every year. When they came in to upgrade to a 2017 they wanted the old chrome wheels that was previously on their 2016, and wanted it on their new 2017 because they didn't like the dark gray wheels with black insert and completely brand new tires. That was pretty simple to see as the wheels were flawless, and tires (Bridgestone Dueler H/L?) were new and still had the color lines on them.

Couldn't take for a drive as the keys were locked inside the building of the detail shop. Probably going back tomorrow to hopefully bring it back home. Guy said it should be ready on Mondy depending on dry time.

We shall see. Exterior and interior is flawless. Just needing to see how mechanical sound it is, and take it for a good ol' test drive.

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple other things that are drawing me to this dealership is the fact that I have bought my 2 previous trucks from them, and their warranty on used cars.

"LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT EXCHANGE OR RETURN POLICY FOREVER POWER TRAIN WARRANTY ON VEHICLES WITH LESS THAN 75,000 MILES AND 7 YEARS OF AGE: As long as you own and operate your vehicle the engine, transmission, transfer case and drive axle assembly is covered by this limited power train warranty."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518