2016 Yukon SLE > Adding factory wireless charging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are apps that do call and text forwarding, so with a simple macro, a one button press routes my main phone directly to the car phone number. When i'm out, the app reverses the process. I will eventually be upgrading to the IO6, but for now, this works well for my needs.

Why not just plug your phone in when you get into the car and not have to fuss with all of this?

OP
OP
Kittmaster

Kittmaster

Reaction score
Why not just plug your phone in when you get into the car and not have to fuss with all of this?

I would then have to turn on GPS, turn off battery saver for UBS transactions to work, have a wire coming out of the center console.....etc etc....it's a hassle.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would then have to turn on GPS, turn off battery saver for UBS transactions to work, have a wire coming out of the center console.....etc etc....it's a hassle.

Your phone sounds fussy! I just plug mine in and everything works.

But as you said, whatever works works. To each their own.

Edit: just realized you probably can’t use CarPlay etc without IO6. Makes more sense.

Last edited:

Disco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done the same but i just ordered the charging module and the harness wire. After installing the module in the center console lid and connecting it to the exciting wire in the back of center console i find out that no power comes to that wire. Maybe because the fuse dont exist since the car doesn't come with wireless charging option.
Tried to locate the fuse in fusebox but no luck.

View attachment 77396

View attachment 77397

View attachment 77398

View attachment 77399

View attachment 77400
I just experienced the same problem. We’re you able to locate the fuse?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil (pgamboa) makes a PnP adapter harness that pulls +12v off the 12 volt outlet at the rear of the console and provides power for the wireless charging module. It’s a great solution for those looking to add wireless charging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9