2016 Yukon Denali Bolt-On Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazydirthead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm wanting to do some bolt-ons to my denali and see if I can't open her up a little bit. What I'm looking at is an Airaid Intake, American Racing Headers and a Borla Touring Exhaust. I know a tune can do a lot, but I was thinking if I don't tune it, then if there was a warranty issue I could bolt-off and put the stock parts back on to bring it in for warranty. Could I do the rest of this without a tune? I know they can be a huge improvement, but I'm just on the fence with the warranty deal. Whats your experience with this and what have you guys done?

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm wanting to do some bolt-ons to my denali and see if I can't open her up a little bit. What I'm looking at is an Airaid Intake, American Racing Headers and a Borla Touring Exhaust. I know a tune can do a lot, but I was thinking if I don't tune it, then if there was a warranty issue I could bolt-off and put the stock parts back on to bring it in for warranty. Could I do the rest of this without a tune? I know they can be a huge improvement, but I'm just on the fence with the warranty deal. Whats your experience with this and what have you guys done?

You don't want to do headers without a tune. I've had a lot of Corvettes and did a crap load of mods to them. If you do headers without a tune it is going to reek havoc with your air/fuel curve. For the most part you'll lose a lot of back-pressure and your low-end will feel like a dog. You'll need to tune it if you do that.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
Stick to a cat back and intake kit if you're worried about the warranty... GM nowadays will flag you for anything petty.

Once you hit 60k get headers and a tune and enjoy it even more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep