2016 Touch Screen Crashed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfuse01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been having an issue with the touchscreen on my 2016 Tahoe. The screen freezes after 5 minutes where no buttons are pressable. Also, the pages flip back and forth randomly. I dropped it off at the dealership today. They gave me a 2017 Tahoe as a loaner.

The 17 has a few graphic upgrades on the mylink system.

I will report back on what the dealership finds when they call me

OP
OP
J

jfuse01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealership finally called yesterday to let me know they found the problem. Appears to be a computer module part went bad. They are overnighting the part and hope to have it fixed Monday or Tuesday.

Still under warranty so that was great news as well. Apparently the module has been going out in 2016’s lately.

proformance69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have same problem. They reprogramed radio, but still same problem. Do you know what module. My Tahoe is out of warranty.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership finally called yesterday to let me know they found the problem. Appears to be a computer module part went bad. They are overnighting the part and hope to have it fixed Monday or Tuesday.

Still under warranty so that was great news as well. Apparently the module has been going out in 2016’s lately.

Update on the module?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17