2016 tahoe led strips in headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silva16tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else had issues with the leds in the led strips going out? The 4 outside leds quit working on the right headlight on our Tahoe like a month after we got it. They put a new headlight in. Year later and the left one did the same thing. They replaced that headlight. 5 days later the left headlight was doing the same thing. An hour later go to get in it again and now they're all working. Tahoe is an LT so the strips aren't used for DRL's.

kcipsirhc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else had issues with the leds in the led strips going out? The 4 outside leds quit working on the right headlight on our Tahoe like a month after we got it. They put a new headlight in. Year later and the left one did the same thing. They replaced that headlight. 5 days later the left headlight was doing the same thing. An hour later go to get in it again and now they're all working. Tahoe is an LT so the strips aren't used for DRL's.
Mine too. Left strip is half out on my LT. I don't know what is causing it. I'm thinking about just replacing both headlamp assemblies with aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

antigua

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

need to replace the whole headlight assembly. have had to twice, luckily under warranty though

OP
OP
S

Silva16tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ours is still under warranty too. Guess they can keep replacing them.

kcipsirhc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking about just replacing mine with aftermarkets that look better anyway. Can get 2 for less than 1 OEM replacement

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I hope your 2016 is still under warranty lol.
Must be a common problem ?

OP
OP
S

Silva16tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Talked with a gm tech in Indianapolis. He's worked on two Tahoe with this same issue. He said it ended up being two wires in the headlight wiring harness that melted and were grounding out. They were under the dash in both vehicles.

antigua

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Talked with a gm tech in Indianapolis. He's worked on two Tahoe with this same issue. He said it ended up being two wires in the headlight wiring harness that melted and were grounding out. They were under the dash in both vehicles.

do you happen to have any more info on this? mine have gone out yet again and i'm getting tired of having to explain to dealer that there is something else going on with my truck

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are having a problem and it is melting wiring, need to report it to safercar.gov since this could cause a vehicle fire. If there are enough complaints, NHTSA will start an investigation, which could result in a recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons