2016 Tahoe HID Headlight Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys are putting in your HID lights from Vanquish Auto or wherever you bought them do,you drill holes in the dust caps and run the wires through there? You have to close it somehow or moisture will get in the headlights right. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Yes you have to drill 1 inch hole in the dost caps to pass the cables thru and at the same time, it will protect them to not get water in. Thats how i did it in mines and the rubber bulbs vanquishauto have are the best ones i ever had before, i remember i bought some lights on ebay for my girlfriend about 6 months ago and they were no just flickering and on and off, also the rubber for the bulbs were very very cheap, too soft and i ended it broken it and returning those lights back.

I will suggest you to get the lights from vanquishauto, they really know they products and whats best for each car.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you have to drill 1 inch hole in the dost caps to pass the cables thru and at the same time, it will protect them to not get water in. Thats how i did it in mines and the rubber bulbs vanquishauto have are the best ones i ever had before, i remember i bought some lights on ebay for my girlfriend about 6 months ago and they were no just flickering and on and off, also the rubber for the bulbs were very very cheap, too soft and i ended it broken it and returning those lights back.

I will suggest you to get the lights from vanquishauto, they really know they products and whats best for each car.
I do have the ones from Vanquish Auto and I also have my fog lights from them. I just need to get my headlights put in the driver's side you can access easy but not the passenger side. VLEDS sells a thing you can seal them off where you cut the 1"hole but from what you said t doesn't look like I need to. Did you use a 1"hole saw? Thanks Burb player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1trik88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do have the ones from Vanquish Auto and I also have my fog lights from them. I just need to get my headlights put in the driver's side you can access easy but not the passenger side. VLEDS sells a thing you can seal them off where you cut the 1"hole but from what you said t doesn't look like I need to. Did you use a 1"hole saw? Thanks Burb player

Anything on this, Denali132? did you ever get the low beam bulbs installed? Dust cap issues?

Thanks.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Anything on this, Denali132? did you ever get the low beam bulbs installed? Dust cap issues?

Thanks.
I'm taking it in to a different shop tomorrow morning at 9:00 and really hope they get them in and working because the labor is getting expensive especially the guy Friday charged me $120 and only could get the LED high beams to come on. And unfortunately I'm gonna have to pay this new shop more to install and hopefully they will be working and I'll post as soon as I'm done. I really hope they work tomorrow or I'm going to have to have Vanquish Auto the problem to get it fixed if needed and hope they work tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Colin S

Reaction score
Replying to an old thread here. I purchassd the low beam and plan to install tomorrow. Does anyone know if the vanquish auto kit requires the relay for proper functioning? It seems the relay will complicate the install (just more steps), and I don't want issues with flickering lights, uneven light distribution per light, etc. Please advise!!

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
Replying to an old thread here. I purchassd the low beam and plan to install tomorrow. Does anyone know if the vanquish auto kit requires the relay for proper functioning? It seems the relay will complicate the install (just more steps), and I don't want issues with flickering lights, uneven light distribution per light, etc. Please advise!!
Hello, our kits doe snot require any relay harness, this is a whole different system, this is all plug and play and error free. thanks

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971

Hello thanks for buying from us, we do appreciate it. The 1" hole is always good to do on the dost cap because our bulbs comes with the robber for it, so when you pass the bulb cable thru the dost cap, the robber grommet will seal the 1'' hole 100% ( that is the right way to do it) . If you have a Yukon, you only need to do this in the low beams, for the high beams because our leds are the smaller bases in the market and brightest ones 12000 lumens they will fit all unit inside the dost cap housing, so you only need to do the 1" hole for the headlights low beams.

Hope this was helpfull for you, in case you have any questions contact me, thanks

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color are your lights after using the 35W Ballast and 6000K bulbs?
i have 6000k now and they look amazing brighter than any other hids! I got them from vanquishauto, i think they are vendor sponsor here in this forum. Good to know !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14