2016 Tahoe HID Headlight Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am a new 2016 Tahoe LT owner and so far my only complaint is the terrible headlights! Has anyone converted over to HID using factory GM parts? The headlight housings see to be the same at 1st glance for the Halogen and HID lights.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a new 2016 Tahoe LT owner and so far my only complaint is the terrible headlights! Has anyone converted over to HID using factory GM parts? The headlight housings see to be the same at 1st glance for the Halogen and HID lights.
Hello, well i changed mine to hids because my halogens were terrible as well. I got mines from vanquishauto.com I have 6000k hids so they match with my led headlights and my fog lights too that i also got from the same company. Here is the link for the ones i have now.

FOG LIGHTS I saw they have now the 9000 LMS

https://vanquishauto.com/super-bright-led-fog-light-bulb-front-replacement-pwy26w.html

HEADLIGHTS I have the 35w canbus kit, they said thats the one will match with my vehicle

https://vanquishauto.com/headlight-bulb-low-beam-h11-3018.html

LED LICENSE LIGHT I have the 2 SMD light

https://vanquishauto.com/license-light-bulb-64259.html

REVERSE LIGHT i had them already that i bought from another company a long time ago but will change them to the vanquish lights soon.

chevypat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The canbus kit makes the HID on all the time? I installed an ordinary hid kit yesterday and upon turning on, it stayed for a bit and flickered then shuts off. I read somewhere online that it needs the capacitor to keep the pulsing of the voltage?

Thank you.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The canbus kit makes the HID on all the time? I installed an ordinary hid kit yesterday and upon turning on, it stayed for a bit and flickered then shuts off. I read somewhere online that it needs the capacitor to keep the pulsing of the voltage?

Thank you.
Well in my car i have the canbus system from vanquishauto, the link is on top of this message. Once i turn my lights ON, they are bright instantly, they don't need time to warm out like other hids i had before! Also this kit is just a simple setup, 2 bulbs and 2 ballast no need cancelers, i believe is because they have a more updated hid system kits and with them you dont need any capacitors, just what they send you. I will recommend you to them.

Jenney72chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The HID and H11 halogen projectors are different types. H9 bulbs are a excellent swap. Also If you want a good HID swap. Pull the housings apart, you can swap in FXr projectors using the dodge retroquik brackets from retrofit source.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer to just leave my stock housing headlights and use hid lights, no do any retrofit modifications or involve mods that will avoid my warranty. At list hid lights will never avoid any warranty.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in my car i have the canbus system from vanquishauto, the link is on top of this message. Once i turn my lights ON, they are bright instantly, they don't need time to warm out like other hids i had before! Also this kit is just a simple setup, 2 bulbs and 2 ballast no need cancelers, i believe is because they have a more updated hid system kits and with them you dont need any capacitors, just what they send you. I will recommend you to them.
What color are your lights after using the 35W Ballast and 6000K bulbs?

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed a HID kit on my 16 Tahoe. 55W Ballast with 6000K bulbs. I was looking to get the pure white look however, it shows up more as a light bluish color which doesn't look too bad, but not what I wanted. The 5000K wasn't a huge difference either still looked the same to me. Also, I do experience a bit of flickering once I put it in gear and it tends to stop after a few seconds.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color are your lights after using the 35W Ballast and 6000K bulbs?
Mine are very bright, like if i will have 55 watts kit. I didn't want to spend to much money on the hids but still got a very good quality, their canbus kits are the best ones, i will recommend anyone to buy their lights. They are right for our projectors and do not blind the oncoming traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins