2016 Tahoe - Driver Seat Spring Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Hello All,

Great forum, lurking alot prior to getting a Tahoe and now as an owner. 2016 Tahoe LT, loaded, currently have about 12k on it. So far there's been some issues, some of which have been addressed and sadly some have not. That waffling pressure/sound at around 50+ (dealer says its par for the course and related to the AFM) and also a shake at 70+, still trying to lock in when it happens so I can demonstrate it to the dealer w/o wasting more time there.

The latest issue is what I believe to be a noise coming from the spring(s) under the driver seat. When I get out after about 15-20min worth of driving, it sounds like I'm getting out of a well worn lay-z-boy. That sound/creek of the spring returning to its pretension positioned. I'm a big guy, 6'4' 290 on a low-gravity day. Dealer, as the usual, could not replicate the issue. Stated the sounds I was hearing was related to the plastic around the leather; which told me they didn't hear the issue as that wasn't the concern I had.

Any thoughts?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they can't replicate take the tech or service manager for a ride and then get out and show them what you are talking about with your seat. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts