2016 Tahoe Center Touchscreen - Uneven Gaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobhhh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brand new Tahoe - 2 issues, 1 still unresolved

1 - the Shroud over the instrument panel popped out on right side - technician snapped it back in

2 - Center Touchscreen (that lifts up to reveal compartment) has large gap on top left where it meets the dash - smaller gap on the right side - technician said "can't be fixed" - anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution?

Thanks!
Bob

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand new Tahoe - 2 issues, 1 still unresolved

1 - the Shroud over the instrument panel popped out on right side - technician snapped it back in

2 - Center Touchscreen (that lifts up to reveal compartment) has large gap on top left where it meets the dash - smaller gap on the right side - technician said "can't be fixed" - anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution?

Thanks!
Bob

Kinda sorta. It's called GM/Chevy/Caddy fit and finish.

I got "all the other on the lot look about the same." Bought it anyway. Just goes with the territory.

Want fit and finish go Lexus/merc/Infiniti

Sad but true.

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got "all the other on the lot look about the same." Bought it anyway. Just goes with the territory.

Sad but true.

I would have to beg to differ on the fit & finish part with Mercedes. My C400 was terrible in that regard...

OP
OP
B

Bobhhh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Sad but true.

Got it. Thanks for weighing in.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines not even at the top you see a bigger gap on one side then the other

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to beg to differ on the fit & finish part with Mercedes. My C400 was terrible in that regard...

My E class is flawless but I'd agree Mercedes (although I believe heaps better than GM) isn't the best of the best for sure. I've never loved their austere interiors.

ervsfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had my 2017 in the shop this week for a water pump and asked them about the same exact thing. Same gap size. Smaller on the right and larger on the left. They said the body shop would look at it. They said they may have to pull the dash. I may remove the trim around the screen and see if I can’t find something out myself. Can post update if I tackle this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s_kavert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same on my 2016. Please update if you find an easy fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne